TBS

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Mick,
Why do the Yankees suck?
Your thoughts.
Not sure they suck. They did make the wildcard. Bottom line? It’s hard not to still love Jeter, Pettitte, Mariano, and Hip Hip Jorge! Judge is very likable, Stanton and Gallo? Meh. Aces also never really live up to their potential in NY. Cole seems not as dominant. I mean did you love the 70’s versions compared to Mantle, Berra Ford ? Probably not.

floridays

Not sure they suck. They did make the wildcard. Bottom line? It’s hard not to still love Jeter, Pettitte, Mariano, and Hip Hip Jorge! Judge is very likable, Stanton and Gallo? Meh. Aces also never really live up to their potential in NY. Cole seems not as dominant. I mean did you love the 70’s versions compared to Mantle, Berra Ford ? Probably not.
I asked the question, you answered.
In particular they strike out too much and don't move runners along. Just my opinion. Cashman needs to look for a different type player. I've seen at least five plus different decades of players, I understand the game, the Yankees need to go back to go forward.

Just my opinion.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I asked the question, you answered.
In particular they strike out too much and don't move runners along. Just my opinion. Cashman needs to look for a different type player. I've seen at least five plus different decades of players, I understand the game, the Yankees need to go back to go forward.

Just my opinion.
The modern game is all long ball……no bunting a guy into scoring position, no trying to hit it to the right side to advance a guy to third……..chicks dig the long ball!!!

floridays

The modern game is all long ball……no bunting a guy into scoring position, no trying to hit it to the right side to advance a guy to third……..chicks dig the long ball!!!
Understood.
The Yankees are at home, left thousands on base while striking out.
What is the reason to move a runner up if the next guy strikles out trying to go "yard"?

Baseball has left me behind.
Give me the money they spend, I'll give you a team that wins every year.

Baseball is a game of failure, fail less you win.
Rip and zip one through eight dopn't work with me.

I guess I'm just an old guy.

MyTripisCut

Understood.
The Yankees are at home, left thousands on base while striking out.
What is the reason to move a runner up if the next guy strikles out trying to go "yard"?

Baseball has left me behind.
Give me the money they spend, I'll give you a team that wins every year.

Baseball is a game of failure, fail less you win.
Rip and zip one through eight dopn't work with me.

I guess I'm just an old guy.
The Yankees “Dynasty” Teams of the 90’s drew lots of walks but also worked the count in every playoff game. Torre had a system and they bought into it with less superstars than people think.

floridays

The Yankees “Dynasty” Teams of the 90’s drew lots of walks but also worked the count in every playoff game. Torre had a system and they bought into it with less superstars than people think.
Understood.

Brett Gardner should never have 20 homeruns and as many strikeouts in a year as Mantle..
He's not that type of player.
Brett Gardner should have been career .300+ hitter, lifetime batting average ..... .256.

Just an example.
Name a player, current Yanks

MyTripisCut

Understood.

Brett Gardner should never have 20 homeruns and as many strikeouts in a year as Mantle..
He's not that type of player.
Brett Gardner should have been career .300+ hitter, lifetime batting average ..... .256.

Just an example.
Name a player, current Yanks
Gary Sanchez

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No one was a superstar. All good in the clutch and willing to pass the baton to the next guy. True team effort. Torre had a system and it was the right team for it. 98 was the pinnacle of it.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Anyone interested in asking a question that someone can understand?
I bet you understand this....

becky-g-muchacha.gif

On topic.

Helping.

floridays

Gary Sanchez
Should have been gone long ago, lazy,( terrible defensive player because of his laziness), plus arm, good power, wasted talent.. Could hit in .270-.280 range with good power numbers, helping the team more.

My assessement.

He's a chicks love the longball type, not a good element in building a championship team.

My assessment.

floridays

No one was a superstar. All good in the clutch and willing to pass the baton to the next guy. True team effort. Torre had a system and it was the right team for it. 98 was the pinnacle of it.
There were some superstars on the 98 team, their full careers defined them as such, it just wasn't their mindset.