TCD told that I'm now FULLTIME HUH?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It means that you will make more money for doing the same work. Believe it when your Center Manager says so and you see it on your paycheck!

Overpaid Union Thug

If it is true you will need to "quallify". That means you need to work 30 days within a 120 day period. I think you have to run under plan or scratch one day out of that 30. I may be wrong or maybe it varies from center to center. That is how it's done here. If you haven't already driven 30 days in a 120 day period then you'll take a huge paycut compared to what you already make as a TCD. It happened to a few of our guys years ago.

Yes. I've done the 30 day driving. I started in late April and worked during peak. I've only been bumped about 4 times during this period. I also know that i have my 156 reports to qualify for vacation pay at my driving rate.

Griff

It means you're a seniority driver now and everything revolves around that specific date (vacation, wage progression starts, etc). Although I'm not really sure why your union steward told you this and not your center manager. You must be in a busy center because low guys go home here almost daily. I never really fully understood why people go home if management says the volume is light and they cut trips? If you're a seniority driver you are guarenteed 8 hours of work everyday. Am I wrong here?

No you are right Griff, he is now fulltime and gets 85% of the fulltime rate as in the contract article 58, he also is placed on the ftime senirity list with the date he was told he is fulltime. That is his date. He will probably be paid off any part time vacation and option entitlements and start earning pension credits from I assume central states or whatever paln that area is in. Congrats brother you made it and no there is no probationary qualifying again, punch in as ftime and you are in, as you worked 30 days as a tcd.