golden ticket member
ispi039204.jpg

M

mikerlz

this talk about the constitution reminded me of this great george carlin bit

start at 4:20

steward71

Lie Clock
A man died and went to heaven. As he stood in front of St. Peter at the Pearly Gates, he saw huge wall of clocks behind him. He then saw Jesus walking by holding a clock and shaking his head. The man waved to, Jesus waved back. The man looks at St. Peter and says "that was Jesus he waved at me", St. Peter says "well lets get you processed don't have all day".
The man asked St. Peter "so tell me what is all of the clocks for?" St. Peter says "those are the Lie Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a lie Clock. Every time you lie the hands on your clock will move" "OH" said the man, the man pionts and says "whose clock is that"
"that is Mother Teresa's. the hands have never moved, indicating the she never told a lie" St. Peter stated to the man.
"Incredible," said the man. "and whose clock is that one?" St. Peter responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's Clock. the hands have moved twice, telling us that Abe told only two lies in his entire life"
The man looks around and says "where's is Obama's Clock?"
St. Peter says " in Jesus' Office. He's using it as a ceiling fan"

preload1

This comment is exactly what the Constitution is all about. When the U.S.C. was being drafted by those wonderful, intelligent, forward looking Founding Fathers they must have had pictures of Woodrow Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Clinton and Obama on the walls with the words, these are the types of people who we must protect America from. They will not understand individual freedoms but will only believe, albeit misguided, in the greatness of the govenment as does King George.

JonFrum

What about the right for women to vote? Also the Tea Party was formed by the Koch brothers so it's roots are pro corporation. Another big problem with the Tea Party is their top canidates Perry,Bachman,and Palin pander to extremist right wing Christian cults like the New Apolstolic Reformation. We can't afford to have these self appointed apostles and prophets have any power. All I ask is to research the people behind this new cult and find out the crazy and spooky language that spews out of their mouths.
Now I'm even more confused!!!

First you tell me that the Koch brothers are behind the Tea Party; but then you say they talk "spooky."

Isn't Spooky Dude the guy behind the opposition to the Tea Party???

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Now I'm even more confused!!!

First you tell me that the Koch brothers are behind the Tea Party; but then you say they talk "spooky."

Isn't Spooky Dude the guy behind the opposition to the Tea Party???
No, he/she is saying that the NAR are spooky.

Bachmann is a very scary person to be considered a presidential candidate, for example. Listen to 4:18 and beyond, especially...bone-chilling to an individualist athiest like myself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They tend to forget the constitution they all claim to love so much has a specific reference to separation of church and state.

gorilla75jdw

Whats great about this country is everyone is entitled to our opinions and beliefs , I for one would like to be able to continue to do that for a while longer and so would my children . So less Government and more of the private sector is what Im for . Im a union member and proud of my union , but my politics fall in line with conservative values . I do not want my kids and grandkids to be slaves to the Chinese , maybe you guys do , thats your right .

804brown

Whats great about this country is everyone is entitled to our opinions and beliefs , I for one would like to be able to continue to do that for a while longer and so would my children . So less Government and more of the private sector is what Im for . Im a union member and proud of my union , but my politics fall in line with conservative values . I do not want my kids and grandkids to be slaves to the Chinese , maybe you guys do , thats your right .

Well, liberal/progressive politics want to save and protect american jobs while conservative and reactionary politics are for free trade. Maybe you need to look into which side sells us out less!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
They tend to forget the constitution they all claim to love so much has a specific reference to separation of church and state.
Now I can't go to church, in my own state? Sheesh!

Well, liberal/progressive politics want to save and protect american jobs while conservative and reactionary politics are for free trade. Maybe you need to look into which side sells us out less!!
Why don't we just create, A Tea Party!?!?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"..................Now I can't go to church, in my own state? Sheesh!........" (stug)

What if your church was Our Lady of Rhode Island (church & state all in one)

air_dr

Careful here: The constitution does NOT have a specific reference to "separation of church and state." The 1st ammendment reads "Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The traditional understanding of those words meant that Congress will not establish a national, state sponsored church, like say the Church of England, legally require people to attend worship services, or have courts give opinions on doctrinal issues like the appropriateness of infant baptism, for example. The first ammendment was NOT historically understood to be a prohibition of public prayer events or the call to sidelining the faithful when creating public policy.

air_dr

Hey, I have a general question... It's a legal question... maybe someone can help me...
There are some who say congress can only pass the types of laws that are directly related to the powers it is given in Article 1 Section 8:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imports and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; [Altered by Amendment XVI "Income tax".]
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Now my question, or questions...Where above is the constitutional provision for FEMA (Federal Emergency management), how about the Centers for Disease Control, what about the National Weather Service, and the National Park Service, and also the legal basis to allow for the aquisition of new territories such as Alaska. Are all these things perhaps unconstitutional? This is first and foremost a legal question that needs to be addressed legally...But I would like some tea partier to tell me if his ideology, in his mind, means that the federal government cannot have an agency to warn people of approaching danger (tornado), help in the aftermath, or take action in the event of a disease epedemic. Also, in an ironic way, Yellowstone Park, an icon of Americana becomes uncontitutional, as does Pres. Fillmore's purchase of Alaska. Palin's home state. What does that say about Palin's citizenship. Now there's one for the birthers to contemplate!

Last edited by a moderator:

804brown

Careful here: The constitution does NOT have a specific reference to "separation of church and state." The 1st ammendment reads "Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." The traditional understanding of those words meant that Congress will not establish a national, state sponsored church, like say the Church of England, legally require people to attend worship services, or have courts give opinions on doctrinal issues like the appropriateness of infant baptism, for example. The first ammendment was NOT historically understood to be a prohibition of public prayer events or the call to sidelining the faithful when creating public policy.

Religion should be kept private, period!!