Teamcare 2018 Deductible

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I stand corrected. Sometimes there are 2 in every crowd.
As a former IE man and a former UPSer I assure you I am not mad a bit as I personally do not
pay a dime for my healthcare.

I was merely trying to point out in a humorous manner that if you go to war over a $100, $200, $400, whatever it is
deductible, you are likely to be seen as petty by the average American. But I am more and more kinda wanting to see
that, so strike on brother! Power to the worker!

Now it sounds like your panties are all bunched up

Relax

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As a former IE man and a former UPSer I assure you I am not mad a bit as I personally do not

I was merely trying to point out in a humorous manner that if you go to war over a $100, $200, $400, whatever it is
deductible, you are likely to be seen as petty by the average American. But I am more and more kinda wanting to see

Who said anything about striking or going to war over a deductible. Not me.

I just said that I did not have a deductible until the rest of the country voted me a deductible.

My sense of humor is fine. If you had one, you would have seen that I was making fun of the fact that I did not choose a deductible, that everyone else voted for me to have a deductible.

I am not even biching about it, I was just humorously stating a fact.

anHOURover

As a ups I.E. MAN you kissed a lot of behind and paid a ton for your crappy healthcare
FACT

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't recall ever not having a deductible.

I was in the Central States Southeast and Southwest Areas Health & Welfare Fund (CSH&W Fund), which became Teamcare, for over 20 years. We always had a deductible.

I took the Company insurance when it was offered almost 10 years ago. No deductible.

My bitch was not that I now have a deductible, had one for 20 years, my bitch was that it was a concession.

I can see if putting me into Teamcare was for the greater good of all, but that was not the reason. We were told that Teamcare mirrors our current plan. That it was as good, or better, than what we had.

It is what it is, but that doesn't mean that we cannot try and change it this contract.

But you are correct, I have no idea

That's for sure.

I would caution you from trying to play the martyr to the American public on that score...

Don't worry, UPS will not let us strike over a healthcare deductible.

The average family plan requires a family to pay $7,983 before their insurance pays a dime.

The average family doesn't work for a Fortune 50 company, making billions of dollars, either.

On second thought, demand an end to your deductible if it is $400, and go out on strike for it.

Ex-management telling us to strike? Wow.

But I am more and more kinda wanting to see

Let me say this again. UPS will not let us strike over a healthcare deductible. They already have us in Teamcare. It will cost them very little to eliminate the deductible. A one day strike would cost them far more. And they know it.

I personally do not pay a dime for my healthcare.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You don't pay a deductible yet you are telling us to just accept our deductible and don't fight it.

I guess you think you are better than us or that we don't deserve what you have.

I will say this a third time. UPS will not let us walk out soley over a healthcare deductible. We will not need your so-called "public opinion" on our side.

But don't worry, most UPSers don't have big enough kahunas to stand up to the company and demand eliminating the deductible.

Or, there may be bigger issues than a deductible, like saving our pensions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The $100 dollar deductible isn't required for a wellness visit just FYI.

Don't avoid a yearly check up to dodge the $100, you won't have to pay it if you use an in-network physician. This includes whatever tests/lab work your doctor finds necessary for your age or medical history, as long as they submit them through quest diagnostics.

Doctor billed Teamcare over a grand I only paid the $20 copay, no deductible.

brownIEman

But you are correct, I have no idea

That's for sure.

Well look at that. You edited out the main point of my sentence to make it look like I was admitting to not knowing anything. Wow, you are just way to sharp for me, that will teach me to match wits with an intellect of your caliber. Well done, you truly deserve the pats you undoubtedly gave yourself on the back when you did that.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

brownIEman

The $100 dollar deductible isn't required for a wellness visit just FYI.

Don't avoid a yearly check up to dodge the $100, you won't have to pay it if you use an in-network physician. This includes whatever tests/lab work your doctor finds necessary for your age or medical history, as long as they submit them through quest diagnostics.

Doctor billed Teamcare over a grand I only paid the $20 copay, no deductible.

What he said.

There does seem to be a lot of misunderstanding of how deductibles work, and someone avoiding a check-up because they don't want to pay the deductible could be dangerous.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sigh... There is always one in every crowd.
It was a jest you seriest. Use your health care coverage plan to get your sense of humor looked at.
But you are correct, I have no idea what the actual deductibles for Teamcare are, I just know what I have read
on this thread. The numbers on this thread are $100 and $200, and someone put up $200 and $400. Even if
it is $400, I would caution you from trying to play the martyr to the American public on that score...

"The average annual deductible for individual plans was $4,358 and the average deductible for family plans was $7,983."

Let that sink in. The average family plan requires a family to pay $7,983 before their insurance pays a dime. On second thought, demand an end to your deductible if it is $400, and go out on strike for it. There is a part of me that wants to see those signs up in August and watch the reactions...

TLDR

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Well look at that. You edited out the main point of my sentence to make it look like I was admitting to not knowing anything. Wow, you are just way to sharp for me, that will teach me to match wits with an intellect of your caliber. Well done, you truly deserve the pats you undoubtedly gave yourself on the back when you did that.
Too*

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

OK. Let's try this again.

But you are correct, I have no idea what the actual deductibles for Teamcare are

That's for sure.