Teamcare Complete Summary Plan Description

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So far, so do I and it's better than yours.
When and if this contract goes through, I will still have a better plan than you.
Doesn't that anger you?
​I want us all to have what I have.

You assume it's better. I don't know what you have and you don't know what I have. I have what I have with no complaints. You want us all to have better yet you never bothered to care until yours was threatened.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How can I be angry making 100gr with enhanced benefits costing another 35gr??

By realizing that I do the same union job, for the same company, but somehow I am compensated better.
Is the solution to bring me down to bring yourself up?
If the company was suffering I'd say yes, but we all know that this is far from the case.

ZJ NOMAD

How can I be angry making 100gr with enhanced benefits costing another 35gr??

Wow! thats's a lot of Mula - maybe I would'nt mind so much if I was making that much. 7 years in, and atleast another 5 years to go out in my area before i even get to drive the brownies, plus the now 4 year progression, it is still a-ways till - so I would atleast like to keep my healthcare benefits the same. It seems like it is going to work for me this second time around though.

I must admit INtheGAME summed it up pretty good, and it would be nice if UPS would be around by the time retirement came along in about 30 years.

RealPerson

Wow! thats's a lot of Mula - maybe I would'nt mind so much if I was making that much. 7 years in, and atleast another 5 years to go out in my area before i even get to drive the brownies, plus the now 4 year progression, it is still a-ways till - so I would atleast like to keep my healthcare benefits the same. It seems like it is going to work for me this second time around though.

I must admit INtheGAME summed it up pretty good, and it would be nice if UPS would be around by the time retirement came along in about 30 years.

What is going to work the second time around? That they didn't take everything they said they were going to before we voted No??

ZJ NOMAD

What is going to work the second time around? That they didn't take everything they said they were going to before we voted No??

apparently, western states supplements and new jersey 177 are pending second agreement that will surpass enhanced C6, we have yet to see details.

Assuming it is better than enhanced C6, I'm green light on it.

By realizing that I do the same union job, for the same company, but somehow I am compensated better.
Is the solution to bring me down to bring yourself up?
If the company was suffering I'd say yes, but we all know that this is far from the case.
Have you bothered to look at the plan? Have you called the plan and compared?? You have the same coverage just a one hundred dollar deductible the fifth year of the contract. You want to strik over this I presume. If you would strike you wouldn't receive benefits but under the new plan you would receive your benefits if on strike. Your company benifits are over but you and your local want to hold other hostage over this.

Overpaid Union Thug

Same goes for the yes voters, I would say ever more so.
It's called following the herd. The majority of the yes voters are told it's a good thing. So they believe it and vote yes. The no voters don't believe it and vote no. The difference is the majority of the no voters do their home work. Majority of the yes voters not so much.

This no voter was often having to educate yes voters that have double the seniority. Either way the decision to vote yes or didn't come down to insurance in our supplement. I would actually agree that many yes voters in our supplement were following the herd. The herd of people that only look at raises and pensions and seem to care less about the rest if the contract. Health care isn't an issue for us.

RealPerson

Have you bothered to look at the plan? Have you called the plan and compared?? You have the same coverage just a one hundred dollar deductible the fifth year of the contract. You want to strik over this I presume. If you would strike you wouldn't receive benefits but under the new plan you would receive your benefits if on strike. Your company benifits are over but you and your local want to hold other hostage over this.

It is a Little more than just $100.

ALSO, this is ONLY after we voted No the first time.

If the company can take a Little when they are having Record Profits, what will they do if they are having problems???

If in CS, there are other issues that need addressed also.

You are right, this Current plan is "better" than before the No Vote, but it isn't what I Currently have....

RealPerson

How about retirees coverage ?

It is a Lot better now, with the current offered plan, because of the Vote no.

What scares me, is that now retiree's can't just get locked in on a contract when they retire, and have NO Voice to Vote.

Or has this always been the case, I am going to go out on a limb and say, no...

Just think what it WOULD have been if everything passed... UGGGGG

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Have you bothered to read the memorandum of understanding at the end of the national master that gives the Central States Board of Directors carte blanche to change anything within the plan at any time during the five year agreement?
But to answer your question, yes, I attended a meeting with a Central States representative last weekend and I'm not sold.
The devil is in the details in reference to the aforementioned memorandum.
I would prefer to keep that door closed.
Once it's opened, there's no turning back.
As far as a strike, you presume wrong.
I think there is a slim to none chance of a strike or lockout.
Not much chance of that when the company and union are in bed together.
On the off chance it does happen and we strike or are locked out, I will most certainly have benefits.
COBRA would apply in that circumstance, albeit expensive.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2004/rpt/2004-R-0868.htm
Are you saying that this new contract provides us health care if we strike?
How could that be if that contract expires, and then we subsequently go on strike????
What circumstances would precipitate a strike while under contract???
"The Hammer".??? LOL!!!!
For the rest of the country who isn't familiar, "The Hammer" is a clause in the Central Region Supplement that allows us to take a strike vote and walk on a regional level.
It's never happened and it wont.
In the end our efforts in voting no may be deemed for not, but I believe we have already reaped benefits in the form of "healthcare plan enhancements" that most certainly would have been withheld otherwise.
Take a deep breath and calm yourself.
It's going to be alright.
Either way, you're not scaring me.