Teamcare Complete Summary Plan Description

oldupsman

This no voter was often having to educate yes voters that have double the seniority. Either way the decision to vote yes or didn't come down to insurance in our supplement. I would actually agree that many yes voters in our supplement were following the herd. The herd of people that only look at raises and pensions and seem to care less about the rest if the contract. Health care isn't an issue for us.

I'm sincerely glad health care is not an issue for you. However health care is a major issue for us.

Overpaid Union Thug

This no voter was often having to educate yes voters that have double the seniority. Either way the decision to vote yes or didn't come down to insurance in our supplement. I would actually agree that many yes voters in our supplement were following the herd. The herd of people that only look at raises and pensions and seem to care less about the rest if the contract. Health care isn't an issue for us.

I'm sincerely glad health care is not an issue for you. However health care is a major issue for us.

We already have great coverage.

kingOFchester

It is a Lot better now, with the current offered plan, because of the Vote no.

What doesn't sit right with me in this whole debacle of a contract, is that everyone keeps saying what we gained after the no vote. What we gained in coverage had nothing to do with UPS. Which means we negotiated with the Union and not UPS, and clearly indicates that in the future we will be negotiating with the Union.

If nothing else, UPS is relishing in the fact that they have had to do nothing to get the supplements passed, and the union has spent mega bucks since the 17 supplements were voted down. Numerous upon numerous conference calls. I get something in the mail every other day about Teamcare. I got a DVD. New ballots. It must of cost the union a boatload so far and then the union had to use even more money to enhance the benefits. All the while UPS has no stress or extra expense.

I do not like the idea that I am now bargaining and negotiating with my employee who is payed to negotiate with my employer.

I am not a fan of this situation. That said, I will be voting Yes the second time around.

The Union will not be negotiating with us in the future over HC. Once this is past, that will be it. We will get whatever healthcare they see fit. Just like the pension payouts. It is what it is and nothing we will be able to do about it. We only have this ability to negotiate now is because of the voted down supplements. Next contract it will not even be a part of it. One and done.

Last edited:

RealPerson

What doesn't sit right with me in this whole debacle of a contract, is that everyone keeps saying what we gained after the no vote. What we gained in coverage had nothing to do with UPS. Which means we negotiated with the Union and not UPS, and clearly indicates that in the future we will be negotiating with the Union.

If nothing else, UPS is relishing in the fact that they have had to do nothing to get the supplements passed, and the union has spent mega bucks since the 17 supplements were voted down. Numerous upon numerous conference calls. I get something in the mail every other day about Teamcare. I got a DVD. New ballots. It must of cost the union a boatload so far and then the union had to use even more money to enhance the benefits. All the while UPS has no stress or extra expense.

I do not like the idea that I am now bargaining and negotiating with my employee who is payed to negotiate with my employer.

I am not a fan of this situation. That said, I will be voting Yes the second time around.

The Union will not be negotiating with us in the future over HC. Once this is past, that will be it. We will get whatever healthcare they see fit. Just like the pension payouts. It is what it is and nothing we will be able to do about it. We only have this ability to negotiate now is because of the voted down supplements. Next contract it will not even be a part of it. One and done.

EXACTLY

My Guess is UPS told IBT Do what you need to, to get this Passed...

RealPerson

So, Yes I understand my No vote for Health has an indirect affect, but that doesn't mean the IBT wont do what it needs "currently" to get the Big raise UPS is giving them...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The first part of your post is concise and spot on.
The last part has me scratching my head.
Feeling as you do, why in the world would you put your tail between your legs and vote yes?

kingOFchester

I honestly don't know why I am voting Yes. I guess its because I feel as though improvements have been made and now I have some time to get things inline for when we loose the enhancements and give back.

I have the ballot sitting here in front of me now. Its looking at me and saying "vote no" while part of me is trying to ignore it and vote yes. What pisses me off is nothing else was addressed in the re-negotiations. Oh, we did gain the ability to break one of our vacation weeks into option days. WOW. What a great improvement. I am sure UPS is getting a laugh out of this.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I honestly don't know why I am voting Yes. I guess its because I feel as though improvements have been made and now I have some time to get things inline for when we loose the enhancements and give back.

I have the ballot sitting here in front of me now. Its looking at me and saying "vote no" while part of me is trying to ignore it and vote yes. What pisses me off is nothing else was addressed in the re-negotiations. Oh, we did gain the ability to break one of our vacation weeks into option days. WOW. What a great improvement. I am sure UPS is getting a laugh out of this.

I'm going to Pm you my address.
I need you to send me your lunch money on a daily basis.

Seriously though King, if that's how you truly feel, are really going to let yourself be punked that way?

kingOFchester

I'm going to Pm you my address.
I need you to send me your lunch money on a daily basis.

Seriously though King, if that's how you truly feel, are really going to let yourself be punked that way?

Trust me, I understand what you are saying. I am really 50/50 here. Again, haven't sent in ballot.

I have weighed the options, have listed the Pro's and Con's of Yes and No votes. I am usually a very decisive person. And that is what is also scaring me.

oldupsman

Trust me, I understand what you are saying. I am really 50/50 here. Again, haven't sent in ballot.

I have weighed the options, have listed the Pro's and Con's of Yes and No votes. I am usually a very decisive person. And that is what is also scaring me.

Hey King, I feel the exact same way. You got most of the health care improvements you wanted but you still feel like you're
getting screwed because you know 5 years down the road the IBT is going to shove it right up your butt.
Not to mention the fact they just tried to shove it up your butt but they got caught. So you ask yourself,"Does voting no now make
a difference?" I don't have the answer. But you know what? It sure does feel good.

twoweeled

Perhaps it is a "work in progress"? I agree, it is a poorly handled and communicated transition to TeamCare. I've ranted enough about how poorly IBT has communicated with the membership throughout this contract negotiation period but will extend it a bit further and say this is yet another example of how not to treat the members.

Time for IBT to learn to use technology like streaming video (and save costs on producing DVD's) and Twitter and the local's websites (to save paper/trees and mailing costs). We've invented fire and the wheel during the leadership's lives...

The IBT is very well aware of communication technology. Just try attacking the automatic union dues deductions or the pension fund, YOU WILL SEE HOW EFFICIENT THE IBT THEN!!!!

kingOFchester

Hey King, I feel the exact same way. You got most of the health care improvements you wanted but you still feel like you're
getting screwed because you know 5 years down the road the IBT is going to shove it right up your butt.
Not to mention the fact they just tried to shove it up your butt but they got caught. So you ask yourself,"Does voting no now make
a difference?" I don't have the answer. But you know what? It sure does feel good.

And the ballot is still sitting here.

I have 12 letters/mailers from the IBT since the No vote. Not including all the phone calls and the DVD. Yet, still do not have a full description of the plan. Not to mention my phone ringing off the hook with the automated Ken H telling me to vote yes.

Funny thing, I have a calendar with daily quotes. Todays:

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it."

Leo Tolstroy