Teamcare Retiree Health Plan Annual Limit Increased

Red Headed Stranger

1680253561324.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm surprised that Central States Teamcare Retiree insurance did anything beneficial for retirees.

They try and make improvements when possible.

Although I'm sure, there is a lot of statistical analysis done before making changes.

Your situation was a new one on me.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Your situation was a new one on me.
The latest on my situation is I called my Local yesterday and the second and final appeal hasn't been heard yet. Local 728's benefits representative helped us write it and she also faxed an inch-thick stack of doctor bills to it. On the upside, an insurance person at a doctor's office we owe called my wife yesterday. Blue Cross Blue Shield told her that they were refunding their money back to them in a week after reviewing our case. I paid Teamcare premiums and all her medical visits were pre-approved by them before they kicked her out of Retiree Teamcare. My Local knows nothing about this, it sounds like an internal investigation between BCBS and Teamcare. I'm not celebrating yet until I see something in writing from Teamcare. They had already started demanding $94K back from doctor's and we are getting calls and threats about that.