Teamcare

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Well I wonder how it got that way? By not accepting crap contracts..I think if other regions would of not caved in yrs ago all of you would be in better shape. There is no reason now to throw in the towel and settle for less. You have to fight for your hard earned benefits that were in better shape when you started than they are now. Earned by the retirees who paved the way yrs earlier. If not for them I would think things would be alot worse. Everyone forgets that all retirees busted their tails and dealt with the same if not more crap before NDA came into the picture back in 82..I owe them for the benefits I had when I started and what I retired with. I don't think todays workers give a crap about retirees.. Their morale over the yrs has been so battered that they just think about themselves.. We had a touch of morale years ago when we had picnics and stuff, now it is golf outings for United Way so they can present a ck to the public..It is sad today that just on this forum you can see the distance between members. You have the ones who kiss butt and those who don't.. Would be nice if the Teamsters would get their act together. Union memebership is falling, out here in Arizona it is aright to work state. We had friend/T Customer Counter and am and pm clerks, out here no friend/T clerks, woman said she had over 20 yrs p/t at the counter. Profits for Ups indeed..Unions should bring people together to become a strong block of individuals who stand hand in hand to protect their jobs and benefits earned by them. Ups must love the division they have put between the members who are playing right into their greedy hands
:not_fair:

No doubt the old timers paid their dues. They also went for breakfast before their first stop, had no time pressure, signed for people's packages, could hide, didn't have to answer phones or DIAD text messages. The new guys have to gun it right out of the shoot while being followed in person, on the computer, by camera etc. it's a whole new world.

The Milkman

No doubt the old timers paid their dues. They also went for breakfast before their first stop, had no time pressure, signed for people's packages, could hide, didn't have to answer phones or DIAD text messages. The new guys have to gun it right out of the shoot while being followed in person, on the computer, by camera etc. it's a whole new world.

You are so right...Take a break on your way to your first stop, NDA by 3 pm, then 12 noon and you know the rest..With all this out of the shoot it is no wonder guys/gals don't get to know each other, therin lies the problem. And UPS loves it......

oldngray

nowhere special
You are so right...Take a break on your way to your first stop, NDA by 3 pm, then 12 noon and you know the rest..With all this out of the shoot it is no wonder guys/gals don't get to know each other, therin lies the problem. And UPS loves it......

In the old days people had time and were willing to help each other. Not like today where everyone is so stressed and overworked. Not that people today are too selfish. Just so beaten down its all they can do just to finish their own work.

HubBub

Is a shift to TEAMCARE beneficial to ALL Teamsters?

I'm not talking about just PT'ers and retirees of UPS, but Teamsters of all employers. If a shift to Teamcare will increase the bargaining potential and therefore the quality of healthcare for a significant number of Teamsters of other companies, I will be happy to take a slight reduction in benefits in order to help out my Teamster brothers and sisters! GIVE ME SOME FACTS AND/OR SPECULATIONS BROS/SISTAS!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: Is a shift to TEAMCARE beneficial to ALL Teamsters?

The fact is I would like to continue to enjoy the benefits that I have and am not interested in lesser benefits for the sake of solidarity.

Nimnim

The Nim

I know my benefits will change if this Ta passed, I have no illusions there. I've talked to many FTers here and they're all of the impression their insurance will change to mine as they have CS already. I have not been able to get any information if this is true even calling my local hall for weeks, it's always the person who might know isn't in the office.

oldngray

nowhere special

Its Obamacare all over again. You don't need to know the details but you will like it after it passes.

Great post. They don't get that this country has changed and so have the times. We have to evolve or we will be like the cave man. Extinct

upswife75

Oldman.They have no clue how great our plan is...They got use to eating hot dogs, when we have had steak all along...No pay for generics, 5 bucks name brand, No referals needed, you pay 10% of the negotiated rate, $500,000 cap, wife and kids...Mail order Rx free, I get 4 dental cleanings a yr free,Wife and I had two dental bridges, cost about 11k...paid $1100.00....Now this is just an example of benefits, no copay whenever we visit our doctor of choice. If Teamcare is as good as this? We will have to see if the TA passes. Just paid $5.67 for labwork bill for my wife with Sonora Quest...Please tell me Teamcare is just as good...............:surprised:

Your plan is slightly better in some ways, sure, but CS isn't the horrible plan people are making it out to be. Ball's bad experience with whatever his claim issue isn't the norm. Ok, so you pay zero for a generic, while I pay maybe $0.75-$3 for a 3 month supply. I seriously don't think that is going to break me, even with the myriad of prescriptions filled regularly in my house. $500,000 cap? Funny, ours has been $2 million, but that will, of course with ACA, be changing to unlimited for everyone. $1000/single $2000/family out of pocket expense limit, after which everything is paid at 100%. Dental exams and cleanings covered at 100%. Most dental stuff pretty much completely covered with no cap. Didn't pay a penny for my son's root canal or crown. Oh, that $5.67 labwork bill....$0 for us when using Quest Diagnostic. Like I already mentioned earlier. I had surgery that likely will end up totaling somewhere around $15k, I paid a whopping total of $120.88. My husband had surgery twice last year, each time with a bill around $17k, we paid no more than $150 for each. My daughter had her appendix removed, which would have been another $15-$20k. We paid NOTHING. Nothing for the hospital, nothing for the surgeon, nothing for radiology, nothing for anesthesiologist. So yeah, I think our insurance is pretty damn good, seeing as I see people having to plan fundraisers for their medical bills.

quamba 638

Talking to my wife right now while I'm eating some swai she made me for a post workout dinner. I asked her how much her gall bladder surgery was, 10 days in hospital, blood transfusion, MRI, and a private room. The surgery was performed at Northside Hospital in Forsyth County, look it up. Total billed to insurance came out to be $86,000.00. After everything was said and done from multiple copays and multiple doctors seen resulting in a range of bills from each one, we paid roughly $400.00 (four hundred) out of pocket.

If anyone wishes to pay me for my time I'll try digging up the copies of CS bills.

I just finished a couple spoonfuls of casein powder after walking my lab. And I asked him how much the doctor bill was when my son spent the night in the hospital. 8,700. Not bad.

My portion was zero. Now if it were 400 that's still not bad, it's just several ENTIRE paychecks for a PT employee. Now imagine if it were several of your entire paychecks, compared to paying essentially nothing before. Get it?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Its Obamacare all over again. You don't need to know the details but you will like it after it passes.

This has NOTHING to do with OBAMA care aka "the affordable health care act".

Hoffa has said this. hall has said this. Andy M has said this and M. Rosenschrader has said this,( UPS)

Would you keep your FOX NEWS nonsense out of this debate please.

This has simply to do with the "funding" of the central states Health and welfare plan. Its needs more money and the TEAMSTERS, not OBAMACARE are seeking to redirect monies into that fund.

We have heard the same line over and over again from different locals "the company wants out of the insurance business" yet, our homes are bombarded by solicitations from UPS insurance companies asking us to convert our personal insurance to theirs.

YET, guys like you who sit like a drone and watch a cable news channel for your days thoughts will say just about anything they tell you.

Change the channel bro.

Peace

TOS

I just finished a couple spoonfuls of casein powder after walking my lab. And I asked him how much the doctor bill was when my son spent the night in the hospital. 8,700. Not bad.

My portion was zero. Now if it were 400 that's still not bad, it's just several ENTIRE paychecks for a PT employee. Now imagine if it were several of your entire paychecks, compared to paying essentially nothing before. Get it?
Part timer will go full time someday or should have other jobs. I was a meat cutter a garbage man dock worker and a landscaper while I worked at ups part time. Nobody ever said they could only work 20 hours a week and live off this. That's a pipe dream if they think this. If you are going to school and only working part time than this is a stepping stone and they will have to sacrifice. It is only a part time job and the teamcare benifits are still be best benefits for a part time job bar none.

quamba 638

Part timer will go full time someday or should have other jobs. I was a meat cutter a garbage man dock worker and a landscaper while I worked at ups part time. Nobody ever said they could only work 20 hours a week and live off this. That's a pipe dream if they think this. If you are going to school and only working part time than this is a stepping stone and they will have to sacrifice. It is only a part time job and the teamcare benifits are still be best benefits for a part time job bar none.

Has anyone actually said they expect to live off this PT job? I'm at my FT job right now, in between pulling orders on my Raymond stand up lift. I've worked here 7 years and UPS 9 years. I have a house a few boats a great family. I'm happy, but it's not just about me.

Has anyone actually said they expect to live off this PT job? I'm at my FT job right now, in between pulling orders on my Raymond stand up lift. I've worked here 7 years and UPS 9 years. I have a house a few boats a great family. I'm happy, but it's not just about me.
I think a larg majority of part timers feel entitled to live off of just the part time job. These are the ones who will feel the pinch and are a bitchin.

oldngray

nowhere special

This has NOTHING to do with OBAMA care aka "the affordable health care act".

Hoffa has said this. hall has said this. Andy M has said this and M. Rosenschrader has said this,( UPS)

Would you keep your FOX NEWS nonsense out of this debate please.

This has simply to do with the "funding" of the central states Health and welfare plan. Its needs more money and the TEAMSTERS, not OBAMACARE are seeking to redirect monies into that fund.

We have heard the same line over and over again from different locals "the company wants out of the insurance business" yet, our homes are bombarded by solicitations from UPS insurance companies asking us to convert our personal insurance to theirs.

YET, guys like you who sit like a drone and watch a cable news channel for your days thoughts will say just about anything they tell you.

Change the channel bro.

Peace

TOS

Read what I said. And stop defending Obama like a mindless drone. It was a reference to how Obamacare was forced into law with no explanations of plan details and a promise that although you don't know the details you will like them when we decide to tell them to you. A direct parallel to the UPS healthcare issue. Can you say that the details of the new UPS insurance plans were fully explained to everyone?

quamba 638

I think a larg majority of part timers feel entitled to live off of just the part time job. These are the ones who will feel the pinch and are a bitchin.

I'm not sold in that. I haven't met a PT at brown that had those expectations. If I did, I would bring him into reality fast.
I'm not pissed about the insurance change, I'm just not happy about it. What PT employee would be?

balland chain

Since it looks as if this contract is going to get through get all medical treatment done now if it cost' you nothing.. Under the CS plan, you would have to pay the 400.00, plus 1740.00 for the night in the hospital..Hopefully, no additional test' or medication will be needed for your son as you will be stuck with 20% of those as well.. I am a believer that we all should have freedom of choice, but with the teamsters' placing all UPSers into the CS plan, and forcing us UPSers who are already in it, where is our choice.. Since it looks as if we are stuck with them, how about offering us supplemental insurance WE can purchase if WE choose to .. Those who feel CS is great, well then dont buy it.. but for us who know what the CS plan actually does, let us pay for a supplement to cover what they (CS) does not..