Teamcare

upswife75

Since it looks as if this contract is going to get through get all medical treatment done now if it cost' you nothing.. Under the CS plan, you would have to pay the 400.00, plus 1740.00 for the night in the hospital..Hopefully, no additional test' or medication will be needed for your son as you will be stuck with 20% of those as well.. I am a believer that we all should have freedom of choice, but with the teamsters' placing all UPSers into the CS plan, and forcing us UPSers who are already in it, where is our choice.. Since it looks as if we are stuck with them, how about offering us supplemental insurance WE can purchase if WE choose to .. Those who feel CS is great, well then dont buy it.. but for us who know what the CS plan actually does, let us pay for a supplement to cover what they (CS) does not..

Yet again, you are completely incorrect!! I just signed up on the new TeamCare website. This is what it says for Hospital stays.....

Hospital Expense Benefit  After Plan Deductible, 100%of semi‐private room rate with no maximum day limit.
Surgery and Obstetrical Benefit  After Plan Deductible, 100%of covered charges.
Ambulance Service Benefit  After Plan Deductible, 100%subject to medical necessity review.

So no, for the last time, you won't be paying 20% of that bill after the deductible is met. STOP giving misinformation. Read it for yourself. This isn't me making crap up. This is what the plan says. Just for clarification, let me show you what my EoB shows for the surgery I just had on June 3rd, which I am seeing for the first time. In light of the fact that paid the full amount, I fully expect to get the $100 that I paid to the hospital at pre op registration back in a check, just like we did for my husband's surgery For the record, this is also with only meeting $266.31 of my out of pocket expense limit, but all of the $400 family deductible met. Copied directly from my personal page:

EoB.jpg
EoB.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get any body tune ups done now. It may or may not cost more in the future but for now you know the exact costs.

busterbrownlady

I just had gallbladder surgery. For the last two months I've had 3 test done plus 4 office visits , one ambulance ride to Er and now finally surgery, I am out of pocket less $1000. I can't complain about my insurance so far.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I just had gallbladder surgery. For the last two months I've had 3 test done plus 4 office visits , one ambulance ride to Er and now finally surgery, I am out of pocket less $1000. I can't complain about my insurance so far.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You should be thankful you only have one gallbladder.

3 months ago, if I were in your shoes, I would have paid...nothing.

Enjoy it while it lasts, 2017 will be when we realize we opened "Pandora's Box".

oldupsman

You should be thankful you only have one gallbladder.

3 months ago, if I were in your shoes, I would have paid...nothing.

Enjoy it while it lasts, 2017 will be when we realize we opened "Pandora's Box".

The box has already opened for me. I'm paying literally hundreds of dollars in prescription costs
that used to cost me $0 or $5.

DubyaUPS

Concessions for 130,000 teamsters, bottom line

Sent using BrownCafe App
How can it be a concession if UPS isnt saving money on healthcare. Did UPS payouts for healthcare go down? I bet the company plan was actually cheaper than CS plan with better coverage. This is probably a change the teamsters wanted. UPS didnt care either way because their payout is set in the contract. I havent seen the contract details yet to know what those payouts are. Have you?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

How can it be a concession if UPS isnt saving money on healthcare. Did UPS payouts for healthcare go down? I bet the company plan was actually cheaper than CS plan with better coverage. This is probably a change the teamsters wanted. UPS didnt care either way because their payout is set in the contract. I havent seen the contract details yet to know what those payouts are. Have you?

Sent using BrownCafe App
UPS is paying more for our healthcare in this contract. The reason we are getting less coverage & more out of pocket expenses is because of the redistribution of healthcare benefits written into the new healthcare law. A portion of your healthcare earnings are going to Washington so Democrats can play Santa Claus & hand out healthcare to the non-working class for free. Hope this helps.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DubyaUPS

UPS is paying more for our healthcare in this contract. The reason we are getting less coverage & more out of pocket expenses is because of the redistribution of healthcare benefits written into the new healthcare law. A portion of your healthcare earnings are going to Washington so Democrats can play Santa Claus & hand out healthcare to the non-working class for free. Hope this helps.

Sent using BrownCafe App
My point is that it isn't a concession because UPS is paying more for health care. It's just that the teamsters wanted to bring everyone under their plan so they could make more money. UPS isn't making anything on the change. They will not see an increase in earnings because of this change as some on here are saying.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

My point is that it isn't a concession because UPS is paying more for health care. It's just that the teamsters wanted to bring everyone under their plan so they could make more money. UPS isn't making anything on the change. They will not see an increase in earnings because of this change as some on here are saying.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree. The concession isn't to the company. Its a concession to the liberals that our union enthusiastically endorses.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Ups pays more for our coverage. We pay more out of pocket. The artificial increase in premiums and out of pocket costs are used to cover the previously uninsured. Working class families lose. Democrats win.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Lmao at how uninformed you are. Was the company in financial trouble? Have your loads been lighter? We were really hurting huh? Or is our international officials so controlled by ups that they say sh-t and they squat, im getting the numbers

Sent using BrownCafe App

QKRSTKR

Well I did something Thursday I've never done before. Paid a $10 copay Dr. Visit and $5 for my prescription. Dam! Now I have to work 25 minutes to make that money back. Not a big concession, but a concession. Maybe it will get easier.

DubyaUPS

Lmao at how uninformed you are. Was the company in financial trouble? Have your loads been lighter? We were really hurting huh? Or is our international officials so controlled by ups that they say sh-t and they squat, im getting the numbers

Sent using BrownCafe App
You consider yourself informed yet you don't know those numbers. An informed person would have known them.

Sent using BrownCafe App