Teamcare

DOK

Another one of those depends where you were situations. My health care at the time was with UPS.
Teamcare went nationwide, about 2013 I think. I'm guessing. Bug would know.
Teamcare isn’t nationwide, we’re covered by our locals healthcare fund

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
and all retirees from my local still have UPS insurance. Including current and ex full time

Wow..how did you guys pull that off?

I thought that UPS during the 2013 Contract did not want to do anything with maintaining the Union health and welfare benefits..

Are your part timers also under UPS Insurance also?

oldngray

nowhere special
Wow..how did you guys pull that off?

I thought that UPS during the 2013 Contract did not want to do anything with maintaining the Union health and welfare benefits..

Are your part timers also under UPS Insurance also?
Yes for part timers. Every local is different.

The insurance did change for the worse a bit to almost mirror Teamcare. Still UPS though.

Johney

Yes for part timers. Every local is different.

The insurance did change for the worse a bit to almost mirror Teamcare. Still UPS though.
You know what when we had Teamcare(before it went to more employees)our Teamcare insurance sucked, but when everyone else got it ours got much better.

DOK

Good for some but also lowered those with better insurance to the same level
Curious as to what sucks about your insurance. I’m covered under our local’s plan, literally haven’t paid for anything major out of pocket for 35 years, including births of children, multiple surgeries etc. $20-30 copay at doctors, $5-30 prescriptions.

oldngray

nowhere special
Curious as to what sucks about your insurance. I’m covered under our local’s plan, literally haven’t paid for anything major out of pocket for 35 years, including births of children, multiple surgeries etc. $20-30 copay at doctors, $5-30 prescriptions.
It isn't terrible. Just not as good as it was. More little extra charges end up out of pocket.

HubSnakeWrangler

I'm out on disability past 08/01/23 for planned surgery. I am in western conference health plan. I've gotten a withdrawal card for my time off. I have reached out to stewards and BA but haven't gotten a response on health care coverage if strike happens. Should I start paying dues now before 08/01 just in case? I don't want any interuption in my coverage. Thanks

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm out on disability past 08/01/23 for planned surgery. I am in western conference health plan. I've gotten a withdrawal card for my time off. I have reached out to stewards and BA but haven't gotten a response on health care coverage if strike happens. Should I start paying dues now before 08/01 just in case? I don't want any interuption in my coverage. Thanks
@542thruNthru can you answer this western question we need to go to bed on the east coast soon.

542thruNthru

You'll lose your heathcare coverage but CA put out a new bill that starts July 1st and every CA teamster will be able to get on Coverage California and maintain the same type of benefits.

Dues have nothing to do with your healthcare coverage. It's contributions by the company. Though if you're not paying dues you won't be able to vote on the contract

Last edited:

HubSnakeWrangler

You'll lose your heathcare coverage but CA put out a new bill that starts July 1st and every CA teamster will be able to get on Coverage California and maintain the same type of benefits.

Dues have nothing to do with your healthcare coverage. It's contributions by the company. Though if you're not paying dues you won't be able to vote on the contract
Thanks. I didn't know about the Coverage California option. I'll be past the 6mo Teamster STD coverage by then so was unsure if UPS/Hartford coverage would be interrupted. Hopefully i won't need to find out. Appreciate it, thanks.