Teamcare

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1681649535453.png

qdg2

If I were UPS, I would hold off on that premium payment.
Which brings up....would that be "legal"?

So, get in a car wreck to the picket line first day......rack up $1 mil in bills.....

My memory was that everything just kinda went back to "normal". But a lot can happen in 2 or more weeks. I was on vacation during the strike so I didn't have to worry about money. MOF, I worked for a customer as much as I wanted and would walk the line on the way home....

oldngray

nowhere special
I find it funny that to keep your insurance you have to walk the picket line. Didn’t have to in 97. Can’t see anything getting screwed up there.
in 97 we had to at least show up at the picket line to get the strike pay. Local union kept track of it.

Pullman Brown

Yea strike pay, but our healthcare was covered even if you didn’t show up. I went to work for a friend

They have to have some exceptions. Your appendix burst, you’re already on short- term disability. Is teamcare really going to say oh we know you have cancer and can’t get out of bed sorry we’re not going to help you didn’t come to picket line. You’re not covered? Really?

Johney

They have to have some exceptions. Your appendix burst, you’re already on short- term disability. Is teamcare really going to say oh we know you have cancer and can’t get out of bed sorry we’re not going to help you didn’t come to picket line. You’re not covered? Really?
Wouldn’t surprise me.

oldupsman

Yea strike pay, but our healthcare was covered even if you didn’t show up. I went to work for a friend
Another one of those depends where you were situations. My health care at the time was with UPS.
Teamcare went nationwide, about 2013 I think. I'm guessing. Bug would know.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Which brings up....would that be "legal"?

So, get in a car wreck to the picket line first day......rack up $1 mil in bills.....

My memory was that everything just kinda went back to "normal". But a lot can happen in 2 or more weeks. I was on vacation during the strike so I didn't have to worry about money. MOF, I worked for a customer as much as I wanted and would walk the line on the way home....

Another one of those depends where you were situations. My health care at the time was with UPS.

Back during the “97” strike most of us were under a UPS maintained health and welfare plan.
That changed during the 2013 Contract when UPS decided it was not profitable due to the rising costs of getting heath coverage. Before that decision the Company was more than willing to have control over our Health plans much in the same way they have control over our pension
benefits.

Johney

We were under Central States health and welfare. Wife was pregnant with our 2nd child and sweating bullets fearing our benefits would be cut off.