Teamsters bosses resist calls to reopen UPS contract after 'no' vote

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
This says it all. Time to think about the long terms. There is no reopening of this contract.

From Kara Deniz, a spokeswoman for the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, said the vote turnout shows the union lacks rank-and-file support for a strike on UPS.

“The national agreement was rejected by approximately 24% of the eligible membership. No union can successfully conduct a strike with the support of only 24% of the bargaining unit,” she said in an email Tuesday.

Teamsters bosses resist calls to reopen UPS contract after 'no' vote
Ok, that’s great, let’s all move on now.

hellfire

I've paid them close to $20, 000 at this point!

• You are an idiot BUG! Keep asking stupid questions and calling other teamsters names and we'll keep calling you out!
  • THEY HAVE NEGOTIATED GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS FOR A DUMB LABOR BLUE COLLAR JOB THAT YOU DONT EVEN NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA TO MAKE 6 FIGURES

No One on hwy9

I'm always surprised how people will bitch about what the union doesn't do for them yet appreciate the benefits and pay we get because UPS is just that more generous than FedEx or other places. FFS dues aren't paid to have a personal rep holding your hand all the time and giving you candy. Every time dues come out of my check, I smile knowing that those go to the union that got me the benefits, retirement and a wage that crushes what the competition pay.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
THEY HAVE NEGOTIATED GREAT PAY AND BENEFITS FOR A DUMB LABOR BLUE COLLAR JOB THAT YOU DONT EVEN NEED A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA TO MAKE 6 FIGURES

Show me one driver who does not have a HS diploma maroon! I'll show you more drivers with post secondary degrees than ones without! Now factor in the number of years inside it takes to get the opportunity to qualify to be a driver and your entire arguement is a joke! Hellfire, you sicken me!

I'm always surprised how people will bitch about what the union doesn't do for them yet appreciate the benefits and pay we get because UPS is just that more generous than FedEx or other places. FFS dues aren't paid to have a personal rep holding your hand all the time and giving you candy. Every time dues come out of my check, I smile knowing that those go to the union that got me the benefits, retirement and a wage that crushes what the competition pay.

Wow, just wow! From where we are sitting there was no "negotiations." Taylor and Hoffa just blanket accepted what UPS offered. This includes UPS being able to terminate employees they feel like just by inventing a new form with data collected from technology! Every time I look at my check and see the unions dues paid I try to remember the last time our BA was in the building (months and months ago) and try to remember the last time I needed union representation (many, many years ago.)

So the teamsters just accept whatever UPS offers then jams the contract down our throats no matter what the MAJORITY OF US WANT OR DON'T WANT and collects our dues! Got it, thanks!

hellfire

Show me one driver who does not have a HS diploma maroon! I'll show you more drivers with post secondary degrees than ones without! Now factor in the number of years inside it takes to get the opportunity to qualify to be a driver and your entire arguement is a joke! Hellfire, you sicken me!

Wow, just wow! From where we are sitting there was no "negotiations." Taylor and Hoffa just blanket accepted what UPS offered. This includes UPS being able to terminate employees they feel like just by inventing a new form with data collected from technology! Every time I look at my check and see the unions dues paid I try to remember the last time our BA was in the building (months and months ago) and try to remember the last time I needed union representation (many, many years ago.)

So the teamsters just accept whatever UPS offers then jams the contract down our throats no matter what the MAJORITY OF US WANT OR DON'T WANT and collects our dues! Got it, thanks!
You’re a funny one, get off your cross. Go ahead and be as angry , bitter, and as ignorant as you want. Guess what, NOBODY CARES .. quit if it’s so bad... run for office and change what you don’t like , until then you’re a all talk LAZY keyboard warrior .. SHUT UP

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Says the union whore! Hey, do you and BUG spoon most nights or just on the weekends?

Its ok, my new job is to take the new hires aside and explain all the "virtues" of being a union member and what it exactly gets them!

Justneedaname

Hello first post. I just stared freight as FT dockworker w/CDL a couple weeks ago. Am I now screwed because of this contract and considered one of those two tier hybrid drivers or did I fall under the old contract?? I really hope someone can help me I really was hoping I got in in time. Starting to think I didn’t. 30
More punches till I get fired or join union but they said I’ve been doing good. Been so crazy I haven’t seen a dock there yet cus always driving.

Edit- also can I go to union meetings even tho I haven’t completed my 45 punches? They told me when they meet and all that but I’m skeptical. I think I stepped into some :censored2:. What’s even :censored2:tier is it’s still above Others when it comes to pay :/

Last edited:

Milly

Show me one driver who does not have a HS diploma maroon! I'll show you more drivers with post secondary degrees than ones without! Now factor in the number of years inside it takes to get the opportunity to qualify to be a driver and your entire arguement is a joke!
Out of the drivers I work with not even 10% have a collage degree. I can't say for sure but I know there are some without a high school diploma.

F

Frankie's Friend

Out of the drivers I work with not even 10% have a collage degree. I can't say for sure but I know there are some without a high school diploma.
Then why do you post that statement?

While you're at it learn to spell college and the college grads that are running airs while working on their masters degree and/or driving ft might respect your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnconTROLLed

perfection

While you're at it learn to spell college and the college grads that are running airs while working on their masters degree and/or driving ft might respect your opinion.
The point remains that almost any idiot can drive a truck and do customer service, and as you know some drivers are dumb as rocks and not very good with people and still have jobs.

Milly

I'm one of the drivers that don't have a college degree obviously. Thanks for being kind to me even though I can tell you are so angry. It's obvious that if someone doesn't share your opinion they get bullied here.

babboo25

Banned
I'm one of the drivers that don't have a college degree obviously. Thanks for being kind to me even though I can tell you are so angry. It's obvious that if someone doesn't share your opinion they get bullied here.
You are 100% correct, you would think if UPS made him so miserably angry he would find another job right?

F

Frankie's Friend

You are 100% correct, you would think if UPS made him so miserably angry he would find another job right?

I can't believe he bit my head off like that but maybe he is having a rough time. I guess he is smarter and wanted to let me know.

Nah it’s just makes him feel better about himself, read thru his posts, he has major issues.

I hope he feels better then. If belittling me here gets him by then I won't sweat it then. I feel bad for people like that.
Nah boys, I'm not angry. I just get tired of redundant rhetoric.
And trolls.

F

Frankie's Friend

The point remains that almost any idiot can drive a truck and do customer service, and as you know some drivers are dumb as rocks and not very good with people and still have jobs.
That's why so many dont qualify? Glad you cleared that up.