Teamsters bosses resist calls to reopen UPS contract after 'no' vote

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm sorry if you are having a hard time. Hang in there. I know life is hard sometimes but it gets better. Everyone goes through ups and downs.
I feel much better now that your sincerity has flowed thru my computer screen, down onto the floor, and the cat licked it up.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's why so many dont qualify? Glad you cleared that up.
the vast majority of those who don't qualify are black-listed by management from the get-go, are not "good" drivers by nature, or too old/slow which somewhat relates to being black-listed. (discrimination). None of these are extraordinary skills jmo

thanks for thanking me for clearing it up

Milly

the vast majority of those who don't qualify are black-listed by management from the get-go, are not "good" drivers by nature, or too old/slow which somewhat relates to being black-listed. (discrimination). None of these are extraordinary skills jmo

There is a driver in my center who has been diagnosed on the low spectrum of autism. He does the job well.

F

Frankie's Friend

:bsbullf:
Not true here.
While in certain cases of chronic aggressive behavior the company may take a dim view of an employee qualifying and meeting the general public as a driver our management team does everything they can to help candidates qualify.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There is a driver in my center who has been diagnosed on the low spectrum of autism. He does the job well.
tenor (40).gif

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
This thread has dissolved into a few Union officials trying to do damage control by agreeing with themselves! Its like watching a Laurel and Hardy show!

F

Frankie's Friend

This thread has dissolved into a few Union officials trying to do damage control by agreeing with themselves! Its like watching a Laurel and Hardy show!
Laurel and Hardy was funny stuff.
These people...? It's a sad commentary.

Mooseknuckle

The proper next step would have been renegotiation and a re-vote. But the Union leadership betrayed the membership. Nobody was suggesting an immediate strike. Her point is moot.

This “Well, we couldn’t strike after the first vote because of the participation rate” talk is nothing but a distraction from the betrayal. UPS was ready to keep talking. National Teamster leadership was not.

The talk that the Union couldn’t do anything is a load of :censored2:. Don’t let those little :censored2:ers fool you.
To add to that, right after getting strike authorization they granted an indefinite extension. They were more nervous about having a strike than the company.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
To add to that, right after getting strike authorization they granted an indefinite extension. They were more nervous about having a strike than the company.

Did you catch the news announcement that the Teamsters put a hard date on the extension?

I guess since UPS spent $2 billion on Coyote Logistics UPS Freight Teamsters are superfluous to Dennis Taylor and Hoffa Jr.?