Teamsters.... Drag on some hubs?

box_beeyotch

LOL at this whole thread, just for future reference 90 percent of union employees think part time sups are a joke and could care less about anything they have to say.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I looked at this big, long post all jumbled together and decided to try and read it anyway.

Did you ever hear of paragraphs?

Anyway, once I got to the part about going into supervision, I was relieved that I didn't have to read anymore.

If you had broken it up into paragraphs, I may have kept reading.

Look at your post and look how I fixed it for you. Which one is easier to read?

After I fixed it and then read it, I totally agree. You are an ass.

Why would he? He went into management. It takes a jumbled mind to think he is making a difference. He will last about a year, then off to mcdonalds with his degree.

TOS.

TheFigurehead

LOL at this whole thread, just for future reference 90 percent of union employees think part time sups are a joke and could care less about anything they have to say.

If you want to make your job easier, OP, read this response at least once a day before reporting to work. Take it to heart. You're a part time sup. A glorified babysitter. No one respects your authority… not your superiors, nor the hourlies that work in your area. You're a temporary nuisance who will be gone soon enough. The senior hourlies in your area have seen 10 of you come and go and know their job, their rights, and their limitations better than you do. All your flailing against the wind will only result in more animosity. UPS is a marathon, not a sprint… and while I pull decent numbers, I'm certainly not putting myself at risk for injury for some "kid" who thinks he's going to change the world by pushing myself to meet your ever increasing idea of what production should be.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You think a PPH of 400 is acceptable?
I just pulled up my PPH for today and we're expected to do a 278. If my guys can pull off a 400 I'm gonna need a new pair of pants.
Also, rarely am I treated with respect by these older union guys.
Because you sound like a brat. Are you one of those guys who came in all gung ho changing everything? If you did, there's your problem. The old guys have been doing this for years. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Also, as I am a full time student, I rarely have the time to read the contract.
Find time. I'm a full time student and work 2 jobs and I found the time to read it. Why would you not read a document that governs relations between you and your employees? You wouldn't go into a test without studying the material, would you?

box_beeyotch

If you want to make your job easier, OP, read this response at least once a day before reporting to work. Take it to heart. You're a part time sup. A glorified babysitter. No one respects your authority… not your superiors, nor the hourlies that work in your area. You're a temporary nuisance who will be gone soon enough. The senior hourlies in your area have seen 10 of you come and go and know their job, their rights, and their limitations better than you do. All your flailing against the wind will only result in more animosity. UPS is a marathon, not a sprint… and while I pull decent numbers, I'm certainly not putting myself at risk for injury for some "kid" who thinks he's going to change the world by pushing myself to meet your ever increasing idea of what production should be.

I always find it funny when they get a guy fresh out of his 30 days into a PT sup position and he thinks he can run his mouth and order around a 10 year vet on the sort. By UPS standards they might be your "superior" but that's unwarranted territory buddy. Some people management and union ag UPS need to learn not to bark up the wrong tree.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I have been at UPS for just under an year. I have worked my behind off and love the workout of the job. Recently, I went into the supervisor position on my unload belt due to the job being a resume builder, better pay for a short while, and to help me pay for a new vehicle, and to pay my tuition. From the beginning I figured there would be a few lazy people..... I didn't expect half the belt to be lazy..... And I surely didn't expect almost every one of them to be long time union members. As soon as I started running my belt (I knew everyone on the belt and was well liked) I noticed a few guys whose PPH was around 400-550..... Wow... A tomato can unload faster. As soon as I got on their case all I got was a blank stare and a shrug. After break some union rep comes up and tells me to stop antagonizing the employees, what a shocker. He started coming up with half assed justifications as to why they were going slow, a 62 year old man on my belt unloads at around 800-1000 PPH. There is no excuse unless they have a serious injury..... Of which none do that I know about. Now, I know I may seem like an ass. But I have a job to do just as they do, but why is it that I can't tell someone to try harder when they haven't even broken a sweat without some :censored2: union rep threatening me with a grievance? Why is it that the Union defends these people? One guy hit an employee on another belt and after a while the Union got him his job back after he cried about having three kids..... Probably should've thought about that before he hit a 17 year old kid. Why on earth does the Union support lazy slobs and fighters? At the moment, the Union members on my belt make my job incredibly difficult as they tell the newer guys to slow down and not worry about me getting on their case which spreads around like a disease. Perhaps the Union should consider allowing members who will actually do the work within a reasonable speed given their physical condition. I say this as there is a body builder on the sort isle that sorts at around 170 PPH.....
They support lazy slobs and fighters because kids like you will lie cheat and steal. It's just the management way. You shouldn't have went supervision, that was your biggest mistake.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why on earth does the Union support lazy slobs and fighters? At the moment, the Union members on my belt make my job incredibly difficult as they tell the newer guys to slow down and not worry about me getting on their case which spreads around like a disease.

Perhaps the Union should consider allowing members who will actually do the work within a reasonable speed given their physical condition. I say this, as there is a body builder on the sort isle, that sorts at around 170 PPH.....

This is not the best place for management to come seeking advice.

The responses show clearly why Americans support Unions less and less.
Other Union shops are even worse than UPS.

Unions are at their best when they get employees better wages and compensation.
They are at their worst (OK, they can be much worse) when they actively promote Union employees to be slugs and not carry their weight.

This is not the best place for management to come seeking advice.

The responses show clearly why Americans support Unions less and less.
Other Union shops are even worse than UPS.

Unions are at their best when they get employees better wages and compensation.
They are at their worst (OK, they can be much worse) when they actively promote Union employees to be slugs and not carry their weight.
That's UAW crap. I don't know of to many union that promote being slugs. Especially not the teamsters in the ups ranks.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why would you not read a document that governs relations between you and your employees?

I would replace "governs" with "constrains".

The contract does nothing to enhance a persons ability to manage others.

It defines the structural constraints and parameters within which the Union employees are to work.
It is really most important to stewards, BAs and other Union officials who derive their power from the contract.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
As far as package car drivers go the laziest one works very very hard. Sitting in a cubicle is know way to judge anyone hoak.
Since I drove, I agree with you.

I would never sit in a Union Hall as a BA and judge people.

BTW, the discussion here was Inside sorters and Unloaders. TTKU

Box Ox

Veteran UPSers know the difference between working to their full potential and being abused. And I for one don't ever want to punch out 1 second later than I have to. So I work at a pace that won't leave my body wrecked and kicked to the curb long before I'm able to accrue the years of service required by the company to retire. Because if it were up to UPS it'd do that to all of us. And the only reason it can't is the union.

If the protection of the union makes it easy for air conditioned critics to pass us off as lazy, then so be it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I say this as there is a body builder on the sort isle that sorts at around 170 PPH.....

Veteran UPSers know the difference between working to their full potential and being abused. And I for one don't ever want to punch out 1 second later than I have to. So I work at a pace that won't leave my body wrecked and kicked to the curb long before I'm able to accrue the years of service required by the company to retire. Because if it were up to UPS it'd do that to all of us. And the only reason it can't is the union.

If the protection of the union makes it easy for air conditioned critics to pass us off as lazy, then so be it.
That sounds reasonable.

Carry on.

PS - I'm sure you can sort more than 170 pph without wrecking your body.

Am I suppose to delete your 123rd posting of this video.

No matter how many times a video is posted does not make it true.

Posting it multiple times makes people suspicious ... maybe it's all a lie.

Just saying.
It's true. Delete it if you want. Don't converse with me if you want.