Teamsters.... Drag on some hubs?

Am I suppose to delete your 123rd posting of this video.

No matter how many times a video is posted does not make it true.

Posting it multiple times makes people suspicious ... maybe it's all a lie.

Just saying.
and you can do what you please. This is hardly my only platform.

I enjoy conversing with you!

Posting a video for the hundredth time is hardly conversing though.
I asked you a question today and you couldn't answer with me so I'm beginning to wonder. You also know very little about whats true or not on these forums so I take you calling me out as questioning my ethics.

Just trying to understand what you wanted me to do with that video you posted in response to my post.

It does not seem relevant and I have seen it many, many times in June.
You gave me a crap reply so I just gave you something back instead of ignoring you. I wish I would have just ignored you. I feel like you troll on the union forums. I really stay out of your partner forums

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I asked you a question today and you couldn't answer with me so I'm beginning to wonder. You also know very little about whats true or not on these forums so I take you calling me out as questioning my ethics.
This forum is a place to come and have fun.
You take yourself a bit too seriously.

PS - When did I call you out?

image.jpg
This forum is a place to come and have fun.
You take yourself a bit too seriously.

PS - When did I call you out?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'd respectfully suggest the brand new PT sup OP might not be accurately reporting the sorter's PPH in the first place.
Yeah, I considered that.
Less than 3 packages per minute.
10 a minute is pretty slow.
The upper belts are tough on the shoulders and lower belts are rough on the back.
Most of the newer UPS hubs are designed to have as many packages sorted in the power zone.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have been at UPS for just under an year. I have worked my behind off and love the workout of the job. Recently, I went into the supervisor position on my unload belt due to the job being a resume builder, better pay for a short while, and to help me pay for a new vehicle, and to pay my tuition.

From the beginning I figured there would be a few lazy people..... I didn't expect half the belt to be lazy..... And I surely didn't expect almost every one of them to be long time union members. As soon as I started running my belt (I knew everyone on the belt and was well liked), I noticed a few guys whose PPH was around 400-550..... Wow... A tomato can unload faster. As soon as I got on their case all I got was a blank stare and a shrug.

After break some union rep comes up and tells me to stop antagonizing the employees, what a shocker. He started coming up with half assed justifications as to why they were going slow, a 62 year old man on my belt unloads at around 800-1000 PPH. There is no excuse, unless they have a serious injury..... Of which none do that I know about.

Now, I know I may seem like an ass. But I have a job to do just as they do, but why is it that I can't tell someone to try harder when they haven't even broken a sweat without some :censored2: union rep threatening me with a grievance? Why is it that the Union defends these people? One guy hit an employee on another belt and after a while the Union got him his job back after he cried about having three kids..... Probably should've thought about that before he hit a 17 year old kid.

Why on earth does the Union support lazy slobs and fighters? At the moment, the Union members on my belt make my job incredibly difficult as they tell the newer guys to slow down and not worry about me getting on their case which spreads around like a disease.

Perhaps the Union should consider allowing members who will actually do the work within a reasonable speed given their physical condition. I say this as there is a body builder on the sort isle that sorts at around 170 PPH.....

You're adorable.

Just so adorable. What color is your ups polo shirt? Did you buy all the same or do you like to mix and match with the khakis?

You need options if you want to impress.....oh wait you went into PT management.

I'm sorry

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh please!!!
Looking in from the outside I have to agree with Hoax. I don't know who's right or who's wrong but when I see your videos all over the place time after time it just makes me wonder what your agenda is I've really got no dog in this fight as Iam retired and don't get a vote
Jmho

Looking in from the outside I have to agree with Hoax. I don't know who's right or who's wrong but when I see your videos all over the place time after time it just makes me wonder what your agenda is I've really got no dog in this fight as Iam retired and don't get a vote
Jmho
My agenda it to do whats right for the long run for the members. I want the teamsters to be here 50 too 100 years from now. Evolving with the times in a country that isn't pro union anymore in a country that's turning more red by the day. Reagan and the bush boys set us back forever. We will never make this up. It's time to evolve.

10 point

I just pulled up my PPH for today and we're expected to do a 278. If my guys can pull off a 400 I'm gonna need a new pair of pants.

Because you sound like a brat. Are you one of those guys who came in all gung ho changing everything? If you did, there's your problem. The old guys have been doing this for years. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Find time. I'm a full time student and work 2 jobs and I found the time to read it. Why would you not read a document that governs relations between you and your employees? You wouldn't go into a test without studying the material, would you?
He already did.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Yeah, I considered that.
Less than 3 packages per minute.
10 a minute is pretty slow.
The upper belts are tough on the shoulders and lower belts are rough on the back.
Most of the newer UPS hubs are designed to have as many packages sorted in the power zone.

The reason the union will (hopefully) never agree to a set production standard is due to the fact that someone would eventually get canned for, say, having a 150 PPH rate while loading hardware (or any number of thousands of scenarios beyond the employee's control) because they filed a few grievances. The potential for harassment/retaliation is already pretty high in any UPS operation.

That being said -- yeah, sorting 170 PPH might not quite meet the standard of "a fair day's work for a fair day's pay." Whenever management complains to me about a member's production, I always ask them if they've done an observation on them on the work methods after I remind them of the language in Article 37. Typically, they haven't.

90% of people that intentionally sandbag are going to end up picking it up just to avoid having a PT supervisor watch them and check boxes for an hour a day.

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
I don't justify my wisdom. I was on the other side of the fence as well and like anyone else had off days.... Not months. It is also my job to tell them to pick up the pace. I am never rude to the employees and treat them fairly. If I do yell, it because I don't have the time to hop I to their trailer. I am in no way antagonizing employees of I tell them to hurry. Most of the employees when told to pick up the pace, give me a thumbs up and a smile. Fairness.
I would bet those aren't thumbs that they are giving you with there smiles. I'm quite certain that the digit they're offering you is a little farther toward the center of their hands. Look closer next time.