Teamsters.... Drag on some hubs?

Joining the conversation late, relationship is the key to being a good supervisor. I am also a part time supervisor. Your full time supervisors just like to crap all over you to get production that is not realistic. 95% of your employees will go through a brick wall for you if you treat them right, I do not waste my time on the other 5%.

Be always be 100% upfront and honest with your employees. I took over a box line that was quote "underperforming" and "the worst line on the hub." The line is now #1 in production and misload frequency. That is a tribute to their blood, sweat, and tears. On my line I have someone with the most seniority in the center, you know what I do when he says something I shut up and listen and show respect. I have learned more from him how UPS functions then my actual full time supervisor. Often I just ignore my full time sup... With the people with seniority we may butt heads and disagree. But at the end of the day we are a team. Also keep a line of communication where there is no grey areas, let them know they can also be transparent with you.

Lastly if you come with the attitude that someone is a lazy ass they are going to pick that up. The supervisor on the other line I work on is an a##H&&& and not pleasant to deal with. Often people will just tank it on him and they tell me they do so. He gives warning letters just for looking at him the wrong way. That is the wrong way to treat people. I have had a wonderful experience at UPS and my experience is if you treat veterans with respect they will do the same to you.

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Joining the conversation late, relationship is the key to being a good supervisor. I am also a part time supervisor. Your full time supervisors just like to crap all over you to get production that is not realistic. 95% of your employees will go through a brick wall for you if you treat them right, I do not waste my time on the other 5%.

Be always be 100% upfront and honest with your employees. I took over a box line that was quote "underperforming" and "the worst line on the hub." The line is now #1 in production and misload frequency. That is a tribute to their blood, sweat, and tears. On my line I have someone with the most seniority in the center, you know what I do when he says something I shut up and listen and show respect. I have learned more from him how UPS functions then my actual full time supervisor. Often I just ignore my full time sup... With the people with seniority we may butt heads and disagree. But at the end of the day we are a team. Also keep a line of communication where there is no grey areas, let them know they can also be transparent with you.

Lastly if you come with the attitude that someone is a lazy ass they are going to pick that up. The supervisor on the other line I work on is an a##H&&& and not pleasant to deal with. Often people will just tank it on him and they tell me they do so. He gives warning letters just for looking at him the wrong way. That is the wrong way to treat people. I have had a wonderful experience at UPS and my experience is if you treat veterans with respect they will do the same to you.

Well said.

If you treat us with respect. We will usually do the same for you.

You yell, scream and bark orders at us, well, you asked for it.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Im not going to read this whole thread but OP there is a reason why part time sups don't last long. Those guys going at a safe steady pace will win the race. They'll have a pension and benefits when you're trying to figure out why you can't get a job after college.