Teamster's Letter to GM

P

pickup

Someone on a route that had gm should just keep submitting sales leads for their particular stop in case this bears any fruit.

Channahon

Not a very timely letter by Hoffa seeing as the volume was switched from UPS to FedEx 18 months ago.

Did Hoffa fall asleep at the switch?

wornoutupser

Not a very timely letter by Hoffa seeing as the volume was switched from UPS to FedEx 18 months ago.

Did Hoffa fall asleep at the switch?

Chan,
My question to UPS would be " why did our sales reps fall asleep at the switch?".

Please understand, this is typical for UPS from my experience. Last year I submitted an international lead for a US based company that switched from us to Duey Huey and Lewey. They were having severe problems there.
We lost the account to Fed Ex because UPS kept calling a low level employee at that account and not the plant manager that I submitted.
I howled about this and I was told that it takes time to have the "correct" UPS international account rep contact the customer. I guess that they were asleep at the switch, because Fed Ex got there in the three weeks that UPS DID NOT and stole the account from us. This is not the first time that the UPS sales hierachy failed us at the local level and I am stunned that this is tolerated in Atlanta. Quite the opposite, it seems to be rewarded!
I have more examples if you wish to PM me.

tieguy

Banned
good stuff. As some of you may remember I have always believed the teamsters union should be more active in promoting union labor to our customers. This type of partnership is needed if both the teamsters and ups are to remain viable in the coming years.

705red

Browncafe Steward
good stuff. As some of you may remember I have always believed the teamsters union should be more active in promoting union labor to our customers. This type of partnership is needed if both the teamsters and ups are to remain viable in the coming years.
Where is tie and what have you done with him?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I think the reason they switched is simple, because they are non-union they can offer these companies rates we can't compete with. The GM management probably had a directive that said "cut costs to the bone". This seems to be the mantra for many companies in these tough economic scenarios.

DS

Fenderbender
I think the reason they switched is simple, because they are non-union they can offer these companies rates we can't compete with. The GM management probably had a directive that said "cut costs to the bone". This seems to be the mantra for many companies in these tough economic scenarios.
Hmmm sounds familiar eh....

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I hate Jimmy Hoffa Jr. I hate him.

I don't even like the teamsters. Try that on for size.

I know I will get backlash, but 44 bucks a month for what? I'm PT for goodness sakes. Shady ****ers.

What is that supposed to mean? I have 8 years with the company. I am entitled to an opinion as are you, but I fail to see where you are coming from.

How do you want me to get involved?
Go to the meetings, express you concerns, get other part timers involved in the same manner. Let the union know that you care about the things in the contract that matter to part timers. Make you presence known.
A very large portion of part timers are also short timers, they don't think about the next contract because most figure they will be gone before it comes around. IF all the PTs would vote on the contracts they could defeat or accept it over the full timers.