Teamster's Letter to GM

moreluck

golden ticket member
My daughter has a Silverado as her lawn service truck and loves the 'workorse'. It's around 9 or 10 years old and runs great. Hard to believe that living on an island she has over 120,000 miles on it. (Oahu) She loves her truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
My daughter has a Silverado as her lawn service truck and loves the 'workorse'. It's around 9 or 10 years old and runs great. Hard to believe that living on an island she has over 120,000 miles on it. (Oahu) She loves her truck.

The last truck I owned, an 95 Silverado, was better built than my 08. When I load my motorcycle and cinch the straps down to the box of the 08 you actually have to be careful not to pull the sides together. And why GM insits on using those flimsy tailgate cables is beyond me. You would think the old 2 piece unbreakable stamped metal ones would be cheaper to mass produce. When loading something heavy I always back those cables up with a tie down strap because if you have ever had one break it's really scary. It happened to me while loading my 4 wheeler in my 95. A few of my friends (former GM lovers) have switched buying Toyota Tundras.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Toyota or Nissan-300,000 mile vehicles, buy the rest if you like working on your rigs :happy2:

Not Toyota anymore ... now just overpriced and medium reliability.
We drove Toyotas from 1982 until this year - my wife would drive the first 3 years and then I would drive it the next three years. The last two - 2000 Toyota Tundra (my first new vehicle in my life for myself) and 2003 Highlander were way below previous Toyota in quality. I had more problems with my Tundra than I had with all the previous Toyotas put together.

No more Toyotas for me.

ih8tbrn

Banned
I thought my 08 Silverado was cheaply built until I compared it to a friends 07 F150

It seems that they are all essentially throw aways these days. My wife's 2006 Caravan has/had a laundry list of problems and only has 36,000 miles on it. My 1990 Toyota runs like a dream with 160,000 miles on it and has only had routine maintenance done to it, although the body panels are like swiss cheese with all the rust, but who cares it gets great gas mileage and will still be on the road when most newer vehicles are in the bone pile.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not Toyota anymore ... now just overpriced and medium reliability.
We drove Toyotas from 1982 until this year - my wife would drive the first 3 years and then I would drive it the next three years. The last two - 2000 Toyota Tundra (my first new vehicle in my life for myself) and 2003 Highlander were way below previous Toyota in quality. I had more problems with my Tundra than I had with all the previous Toyotas put together.

No more Toyotas for me.

My 2006 Tacoma is great.

I do agree that Toyota isn't as reliable as it once was. I have owned 3 since 1996 first two (both camrys, 91 and 97) ran past 150k miles before I traded/sold. My '91 my sister drove until 270k.

Now it's a different company. I would buy Honda over Toyota now, if it was new.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
good stuff. As some of you may remember I have always believed the teamsters union should be more active in promoting union labor to our customers. This type of partnership is needed if both the teamsters and ups are to remain viable in the coming years.

Ok fess up....Who hacked into tieguy's account?

:funny:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know what happened to the tranny in my 2002. Its the only one that let me down. Considering the tow thingy on the front was broken, I can only guess as I bought it used. My 98 has 254000, bought it new, and runs great.
What will happen to gms stock?