Teamsters pension cut

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

All of those are just regional services...None of them will deliver overnight across the entire country for $30/hr...In my experience having parts delivered with hot shot service van from Texas to Missouri for example was at least $600
That's why pensions were cut??? Wow

El Correcto

god is dead
So if I leave my 401k contribution at 30% a check and max it out with around 18,000 a year. I won't have to worry about pension right? If I stick around till retirement?

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
So if I leave my 401k contribution at 30% a check and max it out with around 18,000 a year. I won't have to worry about pension right? If I stick around till retirement?

30 percent ? Damn, good for you man.

I actually max at 35 percent but im part time making my living with my business. After the 35 percent and taxes I don't see much of a paycheck from here

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right. You should end up with a few million.

If the market crashes to the point that you have nothing. You will be worried about survival. Not retirement.

El Correcto

god is dead
Right. You should end up with a few million.

If the market crashes to the point that you have nothing. You will be worried about survival. Not retirement.
I thought as you age they start to invest your money into things like gold and bonds to fight that sort of thing. I don't know much about 401k, I just know as long as I keep it at 30% I should easily hit 18,000 a year and avoid taxes on that money while having it invested.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I thought as you age they start to invest your money into things like gold and bonds to fight that sort of thing. I don't know much about 401k, I just know as long as I keep it at 30% I should easily hit 18,000 a year and avoid taxes on that money while having it invested.
When u get to retirement age you simply go to the website of ur 401 or call them to switch to a fund in the 401 with a retirement year you choose. I retired in 2016 so I switched all the money into a fund with 2015 retirement date. Won't make as much but much more conservative so you won't loose much in bad stock market times . You can do that now with a plan targeted with a retirement date of ur choosing and they will adjust investments accordingly

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're the one that allocates where your money goes. Unless you have all of your money in a target fund account.

You probably want to hire a financial advisor.

When u get to retirement age you simply go to the website of ur 401 or call them to switch to a fund in the 401 with a retirement year you choose. I retired in 2016 so I switched all the money into a fund with 2015 retirement date. Won't make as much but much more conservative so you won't loose much in bad stock market times . You can do that now with a plan targeted with a retirement date of ur choosing and they will adjust investments accordingly
I will move out of the 401k when I retire.

As soon as I typed it I was like well choices.

I know we complain some but we really have a decent amount of choices. My wife has 5 different funds she can allocate money to. That's it.
I have several international funds, including emerging markets. Precious metals (which has been killing me) and a few dividend growth funds.

Faceplanted

You're the one that allocates where your money goes. Unless you have all of your money in a target fund account.

You probably want to hire a financial advisor.
Or take 20-30 minutes to understand the basics of investing. I can't believe people don't take time to learn some basics.