Teamsters push for independent FedEx board chair

vantexan

My thing is we should have never been in this position,we had the opportunity to Unionize and did not do anything. Either through some people's political beliefs and some who were satisfied with the status quo,now everyone is onboard but I think it's too little too late.

I have said repeatedly that we need a union and know very conservative couriers who feel the same way. It's not our fault, it's not your fault. There are very few couriers who know about this or any other forum. There are very few couriers who have a clue about what it takes to get a union drive together. You'd think in union friendly areas that most couriers would sign cards but there's no evidence that has happened. FedEx couriers were thrown under the bus by Democrats when they had the power but preferred campaign contributions instead of helping us. Some here put it all on us but you'd think the chance to get 10's of thousands of new dues payers would have gotten at least a half hearted effort from the I.B.T. but where are they? You have people savaging any difference of opinion as if only their's mattered. Based on everything seen here as a microcosm of FedEx attitudes the likelihood of getting a union is nil and it sucks to be one of a few people who care enough to follow this forum and get excoriated as if I and we are responsible for all that has happened. All we can do is wait to see how it shakes out.

Lordtekk

Not to go political but I will concede that both parties are to blame for this. I think it's too late to do anything,people will just have to deal with it and if they don't like it then find another job. It is so sad that this is going to happen and there is nothing we can do about it.

Glorifiedpackmule

I agree with that. Atleast everyone on here has an Idea of what's in store. Most people I work with still have their purple safety sunglasses on. I'm starting wish they'd just pull the damn trigger already.