Teamsters Union Charged with Illegally Threatening UPS Worker: ‘Join Union or Be Fired’

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Teamsters Union Charged with Illegally Threatening UPS Worker: ‘Join Union or Be Fired’ - NRTW

Teamsters official falsely claimed worker could be fired if he did not join and pay full dues

With free legal aid from the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, New York City UPS warehouse worker Kamil Fraczek has filed a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) charge against Teamsters Local 804. The charge came after a Teamsters union official made repeated threats to his job and lied about his legal rights.

Union Official Refused to Respect Worker’s Rights under Beck Decision

When Fraczek began working at the warehouse full-time, a Teamsters representative tried to mislead him by telling Fraczek he must become a union member and sign documents authorizing dues deductions from his paycheck. Fraczek specifically asked about other options, but the union representative told him that if he did not sign the forms, Teamsters officials would ask UPS to fire him.

Because New York is a forced-unionism state that doesn’t protect workers with a Right to Work law, Fraczek can be required to pay some union fees as a condition of his job.

freehoodies

I dont want my union dues going to print flyers for kidsniffer and whatever local democrat weirdos that have backroom deals with the union.

Using Beck as leverage by the actual union workers, who are overwhelmingly center conservative, against the union might be the wake up call the union needs.

We arn’t paying them to shill for politicians. We are paying them for collective bargaining and contract enforcement.

If the law says he only has to pay dues related to actual union activities and not political bull:censored2:, I wonder why the union is so up in arms about it?

Could it be because thats what the lions share of union dues is going to?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Snowflack Fraczek can shove it. Closed shop.

Not really. Apparently, you can get a reduced rate... winder how much you save?

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Fraczek escaped Teamsters bosses’ clutches on his own by getting promoted, but thanks to the charges he filed Teamsters officials will not get away with their illegal threats, as union bosses are being required to notify other workers in Fraczek’s warehouse about their legal right not to join the union.”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Fraczek escaped Teamsters bosses’ clutches on his own by getting promoted, but thanks to the charges he filed Teamsters officials will not get away with their illegal threats, as union bosses are being required to notify other workers in Fraczek’s warehouse about their legal right not to join the union.”

Then Fraczek needs a visit from another union delegation, make sure he’s happy 😊.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Actually you do have to join. The article was talking about using dues for political support you do not support.

I never received a rebate form from the union?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Actually you do have to join. The article was talking about using dues for political support you do not support.

I never received a rebate form from the union?
I’m not real happy with how my dues were used but there’s not much you can do about it, is there?