Telematics question

brown bomber

brown bomber
We have had it for a while, last summer it was idle time, now its how many times you back, because our district has had a **** load of backing accidents. I don't mind it completely but its really just a tool to get rid of the people they want to get rid of, if your pounding out the numbers and you have some bulkhead door events, I'm pretty sure your not a target. If your an hour over and you have the same thing going on...watch out for tinted glass and cameras.
the almighty system.........congratulated me for not backing one time.......GET SERIOUS...this system is flawed.........and actually who cares

old levi's

blank space
the almighty system.........congratulated me for not backing one time.......GET SERIOUS...this system is flawed.........and actually who cares

The printout that they posted for everyone to see showed one of our drivers' average backing speed for the entire day was 72 mph. That sumbeach knows he can drive a truck! :rofl:

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
Our center manager makes it a point to read the naughty list at the PCM every morning. Of course there's constructive criticism to go along with it, and expletives.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Telematics went 'live' last summer in our building,and we encountered much of the nitpicky micro managing that i had read about here.Everyone did their best to comply and have perfect Telematics reports and as a result the center numbers went into the toilet. Last month we were told that "while safety is still first, Telematics will no longer be a focus ,and as a group we need to focus on Over Allowed Hours' > The Telematics reports arent even posted anymore,and i no longer have to wonder why 14 backing events are safe,but 15 is unsafe

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Re: Telematics-Whats the REAL reason?
Telematics started out strictly as a automotive tool. The car would down load all events that happend during the day ie.. check eng lights, abs lights etc... . This would in turn upon arrivial to the building would notify automotive that there was a issue during the day and the mechanic would then have the recorded event in pending data.. ie what was happening during the event rpm, speed, throttle position, in turn this data would give us a starting place to help recreate the issue. The someone thought that since the automotive dept had already paid for the equipment then just a couple of million dollars more and add a few more sensors and the abortion was born.

As i stated in a previous form..​

S

speeddemon

Regardless of what Telematics says, I get paid every Thursday for the time I work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 'naughty list' is not allowed. That is a form of harassment.

Ours is posted on the Telematics bulletin board, along with pickup compliance, missed scans, DFU status, CLO 12-1 and after 5 and OR for all to see. The preloaders have a dry erase board where the names and number of misloads are written for all to see.

Packmule

Will say that telematics has a good side if you do the job right. Used it to prove I was only moving 3.1 MPH when I hit that dog a while back. They still charged me with the accident, but only because I was IN A RESI drive. Couldn't prove any recklessness, because telematics said otherwise.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will say that telematics has a good side if you do the job right. Used it to prove I was only moving 3.1 MPH when I hit that dog a while back. They still charged me with the accident, but only because I was IN A RESI drive. Couldn't prove any recklessness, because telematics said otherwise.

...and conversely it will work against an offending driver. We had a customer call in about a driver speeding and sure enough Telematics had him doing 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.

Telematics has made me more conscious about not using the DIAD while driving and about reducing the number of backs.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
...and conversely it will work against an offending driver. We had a customer call in about a driver speeding and sure enough Telematics had him doing 56 mph in a 35 mph zone.

Telematics has made me more conscious about not using the DIAD while driving and about reducing the number of backs.

Never touch a DIAD while driving.
Period.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had a FT SUP that used to work on preload and he got promoted to an On car, and within the first week he accused me of sitting in a parking lot twiddling my thumbs for 40 minutes between my lunch and my last delivery area. He brought me into the center manager's office and accused me of stealing time and gave me a printout of the alleged time I "stole", I told him and the center manager to pull up my day via the telematics report and show me where I sat. Needless to say that Sup never mentioned it again, and hasn't harassed me since.

over9five

Staff member
I had a FT SUP that used to work on preload and he got promoted to an On car, and within the first week he accused me of sitting in a parking lot twiddling my thumbs for 40 minutes between my lunch and my last delivery area. He brought me into the center manager's office and accused me of stealing time and gave me a printout of the alleged time I "stole", I told him and the center manager to pull up my day via the telematics report and show me where I sat. Needless to say that Sup never mentioned it again, and hasn't harassed me since.
I hope you didn't leave the office until you got an apology.