7 day delivery operation 1:15:00
Surepost 1:22:00
DOT hours 1:24:15
MLK Day 1:28:15
FT pension 1:30:35
FT progression 1:50:15

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I'm not quite sure I understand the mixing irregulars.
So send them all down the belt at the end of the sort so you can't use your back door?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
A part-time job is not supposed to fully support a person..... damn

A part time job at UPS is in a whole different category than the average Walmart Greeter...it was designed that way for a reason. Get cheap manual labor without no real reason for them to stay, pension is a joke. Nobody is going to hang around for that, besides that when you decide (generally 5 to 10 years) to become Full Time under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan those years as a part timer pays peanuts. Both are subject to a 6 percent penalty if you do not hit those service requirements of 25, 30 and 35.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
A part time job at UPS is in a whole different category than the average Walmart Greeter...it was designed that way for a reason. Get cheap manual labor without no real reason for them to stay, pension is a joke. Nobody is going to hang around for that, besides that when you decide (generally 5 to 10 years) to become Full Time under the IBT/UPS Pension Plan those years as a part timer pays peanuts. Both are subject to a 6 percent penalty if you do not hit those service requirements of 25, 30 and 35.
Most of the pters in my center are 19 yr olds that could care less about the benefits and the tenured ones are only there for the benefits. Why not just give them the choice of the benefits or a wage boost?

Why did the Union ever agree to allow UPS to hire PT workers?

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Right so let them trade the benefits for the 15 bucks an hour or whatever they are worth and magically it’s a good pt job for people looking for a high paying pt job and people wanting the job only for benefits can get what they want also

Right so let them trade the benefits for the 15 bucks an hour or whatever they are worth and magically it’s a good pt job for people looking for a high paying pt job and people wanting the job only for benefits can get what they want also
Because all of those young people still on their parents insurance or who never use the insurance subsidizes all of the old 40 year old delivery drivers with poor health.