Terminated by UPS

maybrown

is not a woman
After I had an accident with injured person. Police wrote me a ticket . While waiting for a hearing I don 't know if I have any hope. My family all relies on my job. Thanks! :mad:

Raw

Raw Member
Re: Terminated by UPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by local804
Cant believe I wasted 15 seconds of my life clicking on this link.

Am I not the only one who has to click on a "title" several times before it opens?
You people are brutal, obviously MayBrown is in distress. MayBrown, is this your first accident and how long have you been driving?

maybrown

is not a woman
You people are brutal, obviously MayBrown is in distress. MayBrown, is this your first accident and how long have you been driving?

I had 1 minor accident in a parking lot 2 years ago. No ticket no police report. I am in deep distress. :crying:

outamyway

If your lucky there as laxed at your center as they are at mine. I know a combo driver who had 2 accidents in one day. Reported one but not the other. He was canned, or so we thought. 2 weeks later he was back on the job. Backpay incuded.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
maybrown,
You are not telling us any details. How did it happen? How bad someone got hurt? etc. I know someone who had a rollaway, P7 hit a car with pregnant woman in it(no injury), was fired, but got his job back when it went to arbitration.

DS

Fenderbender
I had 1 minor accident in a parking lot 2 years ago. No ticket no police report. I am in deep distress. :crying:
Keep your head up maybrown,a lot of us get terminated only to be rehired shortly thereafter.I had 4 accidents in 2 months
and they canned me,and called me in for a meeting two weeks later and rehired me.Keep bugging your teamsters
rep and your steward.If you generally get on well with your
immediate sup,try to get him/her to put in a good word for you.If after a month it still looks bleak,apply at fedex,they
love ex-upsers.I wish you luck.

maybrown

is not a woman
maybrown,
You are not telling us any details. How did it happen? How bad someone got hurt? etc. I know someone who had a rollaway, P7 hit a car with pregnant woman in it(no injury), was fired, but got his job back when it went to arbitration.

I failed to adjust my speed when a car in front of my truck suddenly applied brakes. He had just changed to my lane.
I hit rear end and the occupied driver went to the hospital to check up (no visible injury).

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
I failed to adjust my speed when a car in front of my truck suddenly applied brakes. He had just changed to my lane.
I hit rear end and the occupied driver went to the hospital to check up (no visible injury).

hope you get your job back man........i really hate those a-hos who cut ppl off and then slams on the brakes. go to court or sue those morons.

Griff

So you've had a tier 3 accident and one tier 1 accident over the course of 3 years. I don't see any reason why you won't get your job back, keep on your business agent until you see results. Ask him how many people have been fired permanently at your local with your same accident record. There's not much we can do for you here, this is when you make the Teamsters work for the cut they take out of your pay every month.

outamyway

:w00t:Somewhere there's a lawyer lickin his chops :w00t:

Can't stand when people do that. A good following distance just leaves a big gap for some :censored2: to speed up and pull in front of you. It's a pain to deal with and unfortunate it ended up with you in an accident.

I believe it would be classified as a Tier III. One of the worst.

Hopefully there are no severe injuries to the driver and a lawsuit will be avoided. Those big brown trucks equal big green wads of cash.

maybrown

is not a woman
My hearing will be held next week! Please advise what I need to prepare to defend my case? My family needs me to have my job very much. So do I. Thank!

maybrown

is not a woman
My steward or I will present my case? I think I need to explain by writing. I miss my customers too much. Hopefully I will serve them again.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you were "A good driver making the numbers" before your accident I don't care if you ran over the center managers mother, you would get your job back. If you were a slacker they will can you for any minor scratch. Numbers mean EVERYTHING at UPS. Thats UPS 101.