Terminated For Altercation- Need my job back

F

Frankie's Friend

Can't advise anything but shoving a co worker would be the last thing I would think of.
If the other hourly was in his/her face it is already an aggressive, violent, and threatening action in the workplace started by the other person.

I'd say they'll get their job back if excessive force was not the response. The terminated OP needs to check on any other situation similar to that in his/her building or local and ask the police for a statement about menacing, how that is perceived (or discribed), and what their legal rights are when that occurs.

Barring any history in the last 9 months similar to those kind of actions they may be ok...

If all the details are as posted here imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColdHarvest

You initiated contact.

In the real world, your reaction was correct.

However, you're going to lose your job, and probably get sued as well as criminally charged for battery.

John Boy

One of the easiest ways to get terminated, work place violence. Contact your BA asap. Hope he's easier to get ahold of than my HR person. Good luck OP.

Rack em

Made the Podium
The contract states "unprovoked" assault. Your BA should be able to get your job back if your story is accurate. There will be factors though like how many years you have in and your history with the company. Example: A 10 year employee with no previous problems will have a way better chance than a 1 year employee with attendance issues.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I know of someone who literally KO'd someone else and they got their job back. Sat out for two months or so, but they came back. What the OP needs are examples of these panel decisions referenced as past practice and use them to their advantage. Also of course, learning a good lesson wouldn't hurt.

K-loader

My steward is telling me that I will get my job back; however, my BA is not in office for this entire week. I did shove the guy out of my face and restrained him. Once I let him go and was pulled off by a steward, the guy jumped up and cheep shot me. I did not throw one punch.
I do wish i was able to walk away, but like i said- he came up in my face and there was no where to really go.

K-loader

I have been with the company over a year, and had 'no call no show'- because i called in at 3:05 when the start time was 4:00. Supervisor stated that it wasnt an hour before. I was told not to file grievance.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been with the company over a year, and had 'no call no show'- because i called in at 3:05 when the start time was 4:00. Supervisor stated that it wasnt an hour before. I was told not to file grievance.

Next time give him a wedgie

That’ll cool his jets a bit

CtmPYWmYNPugM.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Whats up fellow Teamsters-
I have been terminated from UPS after being attacked by another teamster. We work out in C-sort (temp building out in the cold) where the weather takes a toll on us all. Now that the weather is cold, I have been turning on the heater from time to time, and my co-worker lost it stating it's too hot and he came face to face to me trying to intimidate me. My automatic reaction was to shove him away from me and following- he threw punches. I did not throw one punch but was able to restrain him; however, our union rep(steward) pulled me off him allowing him to stand up and take a cheap shot at my face. I argued that I was not the main aggressor but was still let go. I tried contacting my Union President, but he was not there on the day of the incident(Friday) and is gone the next week. I left him a voice mail and have not heard back from him. I am lost, confused, angry, and unsettled. I filed a police report due to the advise given to me; however, I just want to know how to get my job back. Steward told me on the way out that I will get my job back....nothing else
Any help, advise, or experience helps,
your fellow brother,
k-loader
don't matter, they fire both in that incident,

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
My steward is telling me that I will get my job back; however, my BA is not in office for this entire week. I did shove the guy out of my face and restrained him. Once I let him go and was pulled off by a steward, the guy jumped up and cheep shot me. I did not throw one punch.
I do wish i was able to walk away, but like i said- he came up in my face and there was no where to really go.
where was the supervisor when this was going on

cachmeifucan

You probably have a time limit to file a grievance so that's first. Then it probably depends on how strong your local is. I saw 2 old lady's fist fight on Friday they were back on Monday. The fact your business agent is out of town but still has a cell phone sucks but you need him to help so be nice. You should be OK they make you sit out and wait hopefully the other member didn't write a statement to hr but since you went to police that can't help you. That was bad advice to me you need it to be no big deal now you drag police into something against another member and you started the physical contact. Nobody at work could ever get me to touch them first