Termination Due to Unreported Accident

PT Car Washer

Good news. We have a driver that will not be coming back. Two and a half months ago he had a roll away with an automatic in a school zone and struck another vehicle. At panel they were ready to give him his job back but he insisted it was not his fault.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Good news. We have a driver that will not be coming back. Two and a half months ago he had a roll away with an automatic in a school zone and struck another vehicle. At panel they were ready to give him his job back but he insisted it was not his fault.
he forgot to put it in park?

bbsam

Staff member
Me too. Now there's a precedent for anyone else who doesn't report an accident.
Not really. I'm guessing the contract leaves discretion to UPS. Next person may very well be gone for good and both positions would be supported by the Agreement.

Z

ZQXC

The driver door on my truck won't close because it is completely worn out; shop won't/can't fix it.

Truck is 25 years old.

C

chuchu

I would rather lose my job for an honest mistake than to lose it for lying and ruin your reputation. What is your reputation worth?

Life Isn't all about money. you can always make money or find another job. But you cannot always restore your reputation.