Test center 8.6 plan day for everybody

El Correcto

god is dead
Five weeks ago at our center UPS is implementing everyone has an 8.6 day nobody works over 95 obviously you've always had some what's that they they can't get it done but for the most part it is working it's been over a month and a half now and now it's starting to take affect it's crazy you get in at 7:15 730 it's almost like a ghost town at our center now but it's funny a lot of the drivers that did not want overtime are now complaining about not having any but according to the center manager they are starting phase 2 of this it looks like they're going to start rolling it out nationwide I know for me when I come into work if I have 12 hours available and I'm off in 10 hours I feel I left two hours on the table I just want to make is much money as I can so that I can retire comfortably I know some don't feel that way but after over 31 years of doing this I want to be able to retire with as much money as I can the other thing That was interesting was a lot of the drivers complain they had no life and now that they're off early a lot of them say they don't know what to do with them selves it's crazy anyhow just thought I would give you guys a heads up I know some will love it and some light it but it looks like the company really is making a change
This sounds wonderful. You’re telling us they did this without the 22.4 hybrids. I got the impression this wasn’t possible...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's also evident by the over/under sheet they put out daily. Half the drivers are an hour over.
And for the most part the only guys that aren't way over are the known runners.

When I transferred most of this center was under everyday. Now 6-7 years later almost everyone is over. Even 2-3 years ago you only had a small number of people 9.5. Looked at the list the other day and wow. We've got to be over 75% on the 9.5 list now. Guys are sick of it.

Box Ox

This is some kind of troll or UPS corporate account attempting a PsyOp (and as per usual UPS can't even do that right)

People tend to roll their eyes at stuff like this. But it’s so easy for folks representing particular interests to pretend to be anybody, unleash reverse psychology, etc etc via the Internet.

I’m of the impression that OP’s post is meant to assuage concerns regarding 22.4s having no overtime protections and RPCD “no work available” layoffs. “The work will be spread around and all will have light days.”

but it looks like the company really is making a change

Sure they are. Butterflies, unicorns and 9 hour days for everybody. Seen too much to not know better, bubba.

87brown

No I am not a troll I am just giving you a heads up on a new program that the company is using I have been at UPS for over 30 years and have worked The preload reload when they had just on call air I did that so I can relate with some of these people I've been driving for over 27 years so I see things from all angles anyhow enough of that I will just keep you posted progress and maybe if somebody else's center starts maybe you can pass that along

IESucks

Five weeks ago at our center UPS is implementing everyone has an 8.6 day nobody works over 95 obviously you've always had some what's that they they can't get it done but for the most part it is working it's been over a month and a half now and now it's starting to take affect it's crazy you get in at 7:15 730 it's almost like a ghost town at our center now but it's funny a lot of the drivers that did not want overtime are now complaining about not having any but according to the center manager they are starting phase 2 of this it looks like they're going to start rolling it out nationwide I know for me when I come into work if I have 12 hours available and I'm off in 10 hours I feel I left two hours on the table I just want to make is much money as I can so that I can retire comfortably I know some don't feel that way but after over 31 years of doing this I want to be able to retire with as much money as I can the other thing That was interesting was a lot of the drivers complain they had no life and now that they're off early a lot of them say they don't know what to do with them selves it's crazy anyhow just thought I would give you guys a heads up I know some will love it and some light it but it looks like the company really is making a change
Ever use periods? .

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Can't wait!
yeah-ok.gif

Dr.Brownz

People tend to roll their eyes at stuff like this. But it’s so easy for folks representing particular interests to pretend to be anybody, unleash reverse psychology, etc etc via the Internet.

I’m of the impression that OP’s post is meant to assuage concerns regarding 22.4s having no overtime protections and RPCD “no work available” layoffs. “The work will be spread around and all will have light days.”

They attempt to hit us with propaganda at work, why not do it everywhere else too?

No I am not a troll I am just giving you a heads up on a new program that the company is using I have been at UPS for over 30 years and have worked The preload reload when they had just on call air I did that so I can relate with some of these people I've been driving for over 27 years so I see things from all angles anyhow enough of that I will just keep you posted progress and maybe if somebody else's center starts maybe you can pass that along

Yes good drop of "I've worked here for 30 years" to establish credibility. Why did you make two threads? This is a propaganda effort. "New Program" yeah ok.

iruhnman630

IaminterestedinwhatyouhavetosayItrulyambutitishardtorespondwhenyoufailtousepunctiationinyourpostsIfyiuareinterestedinsavingsoacethenmightaswellskipthespacebaraswell

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated

I'm begging you. A period. A comma. For God's sake, I would settle for a question mark. You are very punctuation-challenged. Until you admit you have a problem, you can't fix it.

Ghost in the Darkness

Too funny, we can't even get enough drivers. They have signs on the street "UPS Now Hiring". Nobody wants to work here, part-timers don't want to drive. The FT sups get their fat bodies in the trailers and unload in the a.m. I doubt we are getting 8.6 dispatches any time soon, I will however continue to collect 9.5 money though.