Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Same providers, improved coverage with minor increases & some decreases in costs, nice job!
$5 retail prescriptions, $0 mail order,
$10 office visits,
Same/some minor changes dental coverage, vsp, life insurance, STD,
5 year family healthcare coverage member death benefit was a nice surprise,
Held down the current retiree healthcare increases which was amazing considering the current climate
and protected future retirees,
Reasonable deductible held out till the last year of the Contract,
Still $9.85 minimum/hr FT going to pension,$20,500/yr, $102,440 for the life of the Agreement, better if healthcare costs stabilize. It still amazes me that it's like having your shadow get paid while you work.
On top of that, exciting language to address Driver issues, helpers, Combo's, and transfers.
Obama should have tapped Andy to fix the ACA.

VOTE YES!

WR177Healthcare.com

lonsmith

Held down the current retiree healthcare increases which was amazing considering the current climate
and protected future retirees
It substantially increases the cost for early retirees. Early retirees, with a family, will see their monthly cost go form $50 per month to $300 per month during the next 3 years. They will also see a $400 deductable and be moved form a 90/10 plan to an 80/20 plan. This is a bad deal for those planning on retiring before 65 and lets face how many can physically continue to do this job in thier 60s.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Great plan?

Out of the $2.50 pension we're only guaranteed .25 cents of it if this garbage passes.

.25 cents on the first year will go towards pension, the full .50 cents on the second and third years and the trustees have the right to divert the last two years if the cost of healthcare rises.

On top of that, if it further rises they have the right to divert our crappy raises into paying for this garbage as well.

Vote NO!

To bad this information isn't on that garbage website Andy M and his incompetent friends put up.

It substantially increases the cost for early retirees. Early retirees, with a family, will see their monthly cost go form $50 per month to $300 per month during the next 3 years. They will also see a $400 deductable and be moved form a 90/10 plan to an 80/20 plan. This is a bad deal for those planning on retiring before 65 and lets face how many can physically continue to do this job in thier 60s.
Ok your right because healthcare keeps going down in this country. I bet it's going to just keep getting cheaper right?? Everything doesn't stay the same forever and healthcare keeps going up.

LagunaBrown

That's why it's called "Early Retirement"....... Think about it. If you can't figure out a way to supplement your early retirement then you have to work longer.......... It's called regular retirement if that's not enough money for you then work longer and max out you pension. Who ever told you $50 bucks a month for a retiree's FAMILY was forever? That's your fairytale not mine.

LagunaBrown

Hey Edgar (Hoffa Sux) why are you scared to tell people they make $9.85 an hour to pension. That's above minimum wage and over 20,000 dollars a year in pension contributions totaling over 104,000 over the life of the contract. Who told you pension contributions are $2.50??? Go look at you contract and see how we in the west raised our pension contributions from $4.10 to $9.60 since 2002! We are in a position to divert money to a start up health plan. Don't blow BS at these guys! Give them correct info and let them decide for themselves. Everyone knows your a Vote no cheerleader and will say anything to fool people.

lonsmith

Re: Thanks Andy M, you pulled it off!

That's why it's called "Early Retirement"....... Think about it. If you can't figure out a way to supplement your early retirement then you have to work longer.......... It's called regular retirement if that's not enough money for you then work longer and max out you pension. Who ever told you $50 bucks a month for a retiree's FAMILY was forever? That's your fairytale not mine.
Are you willing to spend 1/12 of your income on healthcare, because that is what early retirees are being asked to pay. Andy would have opposed this plan in the 90s when he was a reform candidate in local 104, of course we had about 2000 more members in our local then.

LagunaBrown

It's not the 90's anymore brother... How much was gas the? How about the cost of a house? UPS would hav screwed you long ago if the teamsters didn't get that $50 dollar deal. Time caught up and everything is negotiated. If people showed up to meetings they would know what is on the horizon but instead they make their own fairytales.

Stonefish

Same providers, improved coverage with minor increases & some decreases in costs, nice job!
$5 retail prescriptions, $0 mail order,
$10 office visits,
Same/some minor changes dental coverage, vsp, life insurance, STD,
5 year family healthcare coverage member death benefit was a nice surprise,
and protected future retirees,
Reasonable deductible held out till the last year of the Contract,
Still $9.85 minimum/hr FT going to pension,$20,500/yr, $102,440 for the life of the Agreement, better if healthcare costs stabilize. It still amazes me that it's like having your shadow get paid while you work.
On top of that, exciting language to address Driver issues, helpers, Combo's, and transfers.
Obama should have tapped Andy to fix the ACA.

VOTE YES!

WR177Healthcare.com

Can you explain the new language regarding driver issues, helpers, combos and transfers please?

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!

It's not the 90's anymore brother... How much was gas the? How about the cost of a house? UPS would hav screwed you long ago if the teamsters didn't get that $50 dollar deal. Time caught up and everything is negotiated. If people showed up to meetings they would know what is on the horizon but instead they make their own fairytales.

Not a fairy tale. Our pension increases will be paying for this healthcare.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Members under TeamCare are guaranteed at least $1.25 in pension increases. In the the West and Local 177 members are only guaranteed .25 cent pension increases over five year.

In other words, the Western and Local 177 Healthcare Fund will be more expensive than TeamCare.

So take your pick on which one is better.

lonsmith

You didn't answer my question. Are you willing to spend 1/12 of your income on healthcare?
Just so you know a little of my background, I was one of the stewards that fought for peer 80, you are able to wear shorts because of people like me, you have the amount of vacation that you do because as a steward I was on the front lines fighting for it. I was never willing to buy the company line that they couldn't afford it and that was at a time they weren't making record profits. So go ahead and vote to pay for your healthcare on the backs of the retirees you will eventually get there and younger people will vote to take your benefits away.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You didn't answer my question. Are you willing to spend 1/12 of your income on healthcare?
Just so you know a little of my background, I was one of the stewards that fought for peer 80, you are able to wear shorts because of people like me, you have the amount of vacation that you do because as a steward I was on the front lines fighting for it. I was never willing to buy the company line that they couldn't afford it and that was at a time they weren't making record profits. So go ahead and vote to pay for your healthcare on the backs of the retirees you will eventually get there and younger people will vote to take your benefits away.

He was probably a part-timer at the time.
Payback is hell!

LagunaBrown

Then you should have known it changes. You are unrealistic. The stewards I know told guys to be prepared for the worst. If your as old as you say you are then the 65 supplemental insurance should only be 50/100 for the life of the contract. I deal with reality and if you told your members $50 bucks was something you could promise forever that's you bad. Peer 80 is awesome but I will be prepared to finance it because it is an early retirement benefit. So yes 1/12 is fine if you know the rules and prepared.