Thanks for playing with me ... figuratively

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm still waiting to see if he clarifies the "eating frog legs" statement as I'm thinking at the moment he ate the middle leg too!

;)
If I had known you were going to post in this thread, I would have titled it:
Thanks for playing with me ... literally!

P

pickup

I spent all these years on BC having little or no use for Current Events (CE).
Recently, I have 'discovered' the essence of CE ...
  • make stuff up and post as the truth ... I miss TOS
  • expose myself to the creativity of others ... Fake News
  • jousting with others and not take personal relationships seriously
  • release frustrations
I want to thank each and every one of you.

What are the personal reasons you come to CE?

I came first as an explorer and sometimes come back as an explorer after not finding anything worthwhile to explore or contribute to in the main forum. I enjoy wkmac's posts, he delves into areas that I am interested in and have researched somewhat on my own but he brings me into those areas even further and many times, into areas that I didn't know existed.

I even enjoy RickyB's posts, I am waiting for the day when can put things into his own words instead of cutting and pasting, but hey baby steps. Like RickyB, I wish the world could be different, but like Billy Joel, "I found that just surviving is a noble cause". Any change implemented in the world will have to be done by the young Turks, of which I am no longer a member.

Oh yeah, I have to admit, I did post on Current Events more when we had certain members that used to post, such as TOS , Mr. Fed Ex, and Klein.

All that being said, I'll take this forum over CNN's website any day.

wkmac

Thanks for the kind comments @pickup .

I've gotten a number of private comments such as yours and one more reason I keep posting some of the things I post regardless the hecklers here. And I can understand some of that too. Looking at the viewership numbers, most do not post but they at least view and I take that as saying something.

I also concur with your observations of @rickyb. He's trying and rethinking and that goes a long way with me. I'd like to see more thinking and conversations outside the box, agree or disagree, but most here are not willing and most react as gatekeepers as I see it.

I guess we'll just keep wearing those sunglasses and moving amongst them if you will.

:wink-very:

My wife loves that movie.

RIP Hot Rod

P

pickup

I've gotten a number of private comments such as yours and one more reason I keep posting some of the things I post regardless the hecklers here. And I can understand some of that too. Looking at the viewership numbers, most do not post but they at least view and I take that as saying something.

I also concur with your observations of @rickyb. He's trying and rethinking and that goes a long way with me. I'd like to see more thinking and conversations outside the box, agree or disagree, but most here are not willing and most react as gatekeepers as I see it.

I guess we'll just keep wearing those sunglasses and moving amongst them if you will.

RIP Hot Rod

I love that movie too.

rod

Retired 22 years
I go to Current Events when I'm bored and want to stir things up. I especially like messing with those who take it so seriously. All you have to do is pretend you support Trump and the avalanche of hate posts you get is so funny.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I go to Current Events when I'm bored and want to stir things up. I especially like messing with those who take it so seriously. All you have to do is pretend you support Trump and the avalanche of hate posts you get is so funny.

The opposite is true too. Talk about Republicans and Trump and no matter how silly someone will get ticked off

rickyb

RIP Hot Rod
thank you...i think.

i think you are the sharpest tool in the brown cafe shed. even if i am not sure with some of your conclusions i respect how you reached them, whereas i dont respect how some of the other BC members reach their conclusions.

sometimes i think of really smart things on my own; like for example the other day i realized we are reflections of each other to some degree. so we are responsible for each others actions to a degree.

recently i think cars are all too conservatively designed and thats because most people dress very conservative as well.

newfie

I spent all these years on BC having little or no use for Current Events (CE).
Recently, I have 'discovered' the essence of CE ...
  • make stuff up and post as the truth ... I miss TOS
  • expose myself to the creativity of others ... Fake News
  • jousting with others and not take personal relationships seriously
  • release frustrations
I want to thank each and every one of you.

What are the personal reasons you come to CE?

I couldn't find a fire hydrant to piss on.