Thanks for Removing the Fans From Our Building! The Heat Wave Feels Awesome!

U

uber

first off, he said district manager, not center manager

second off, you want more centralized control from Atlanta? are you freaking nuts? if you had any clue how much top-down bull**** even a bad center management team already shields you from, you'd be shocked

Dude, you're an OMS. lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Distribute a flyer with some attorney's names on it. "Hurt on the job, heat related issues? Call us, Ken Wee, Sue Himm, and Howe, attorneys at law!"

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
They will tell, at one point, those fans were for the cars exhausts fumes only, not cooling you down. Which is totally UPS style, yea totally bull****.

As said, OCHA needs to be brought into this situation. Those fines can be $35,000+ for one infraction. That will teach them to save a few pennies a day on running fans.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
sorry I don't believe..especially when I know how much they cost to install. There would be zero cost savings in removing them.

While I'm really not bothered by you belief, I find your logic to be amusing. We also had all of our electrical outlets caged and electrical strips replaced with plugged shorter ones, predominately because upper management was upset by the number of employees who "stole" electricity by plugging (mostly phones) gadgets in. Given that the work was performed by an outside company, coupled with the cheap cost of electricity and small number of employees abusing the system, I doubt any cost savings will ever be realized. Especially since they're now using the computer's USB power to charge their stuff. But that's not the point; the point was that it was foolhardy done. We also had our building's lighting gradually updated.

Perhaps these decisions were fueled by a routine building update/upgrade, perhaps they were done an over zealous manager somehow hiding the cost behind the utility savings. Perhaps the fans were removed because they sparked racial tensions among certain minority groups vocal about wanting the heat on year round. But it's BrownCafe and I get to vent.

U

uber

​.......and you're an off the street hire who's never worked a ptime position.

Knowing his pattern of horrible logic, he probably thinks its a good idea that they removed fans from the building.

The line of thinking of someone who's never grunted away as a PT'er.

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
There they go again (ups) always thinkingababout us workers. Its summer time so it makes sense to remove the fans and install heaters instead. You need to start thinking backwards like ups, then you'll understand