Thanksgiving week

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is Thanksgiving week still a vacation week?
EEEAF791-07B5-412C-A22D-5EB1BFC6740D.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
Been there 5 years more than you. Still haven’t been able to get that week.

Really?!?!?! There were a couple of years that I was the only one that had that week off. I am pretty sure that I will have to bid it at least 3 more years before I have enough seniority to not be forced the Friday after.

JustDeliverIt

As much as I have hated working the last few black Fridays, I have to admit the pay is real nice. Triple time all day, when you factor in the holiday pay, makes for a nice check right before Christmas.

Hroller

>>>As much as I have hated working the last few black Fridays, I have to admit the pay is real nice. Triple time all day, when you factor in the holiday pay, makes for a nice check right before Christmas.<<<

Did you say TRIPLE TIME???
The guys in our center only get double time for hours worked.
I worked 12 hours last black Friday for that double time.
Those that don't work get 8 hours straight pay for sleeping in.
Those that work also get 8 straight hours of holiday pay.
Does you center have any holiday pay to go along with that TRIPLE time?

JustDeliverIt

>>>As much as I have hated working the last few black Fridays, I have to admit the pay is real nice. Triple time all day, when you factor in the holiday pay, makes for a nice check right before Christmas.<<<

Did you say TRIPLE TIME???
The guys in our center only get double time for hours worked.
I worked 12 hours last black Friday for that double time.
Those that don't work get 8 hours straight pay for sleeping in.
Those that work also get 8 straight hours of holiday pay.
Does you center have any holiday pay to go along with that TRIPLE time?

We get 8 hours of holiday pay for black Friday. Since we are working on a UPS holiday, in our supplement, we get double time for working a holiday. Any OT is triple time (1.5 x double time). So, when you factor in the holiday pay, we get paid triple time all day long.