That’s all Folks....

rod

Retired 22 years
No, but my Dad is a retired Farmer. We own a decent size Farm with an old Farmhouse and several out Buildings. Always plenty to do...
Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy after retiring. I bet in a year or so you will be back on here saying you could kick yourself for not retiring earlier.

oldupsman

Scares me too, Rod has great advice. Take it slow for awhile and let things fall into place

I'll second that. I took off 9 months after I retired. Honestly just puttered around, little travel,
nothing exoctic. Just got out of that gotta gotta gotta be there mode.

oldngray

nowhere special
When Mn. legalizes it----you bet. probably won't even go fishing:-)
picdump_3127_54.jpg

clean hairy

Yes-it does seem that things have gotten easier. :-) Have I told you lately how tough we had it?
You were upset when you went from delivering in covered wagons to a Rickshaw that you had to pull?
You were happy during peak when your helper had to pull the Rickshaw?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
congrats.

you deserve a LONG and happy retirement. as others suggested it will take time to get used to it. perhaps a year or longer. I was very tempted to go back to work doing just about anything but so glad did not.

we travelled a lot at first, worked on house and yard a lot, then got bored. almost took a couple driving jobs including bus driver.

but found a hobby that was so fun I could make some pretty good money at so do that 2-3 hours a day. still take day trips and see grandkids more now.

planning a trip to Alaska. love getting up everyday as it's Saturday everyday.

so have fun.

Shiftless

Last working Day Tomorrow after nearly 37 years .. mixed emotions to say the least ..

First off, CONGRATS on making it to retirement!

By now the mixed emotions are already slowly dissipating in just a few days time. It takes awhile. Some shorter, some longer. Don't worry, you will find that sweet spot!

I have been gone 15 years here coming up on cinco de mayo! I tell this to every retiree I can! GET BUSY or DIE!
Don't be that guy we see in just a short time who dies from just sitting down and quitting! Do something, Give back to the community, Donate time where you can, Travel, Enjoy Hobbies, Hunting, Hot Rods, Motorcycling you name it, just stay busy! Its that simple!