That’s all Folks....

oldupsman

You wouldn't even recognize this place anymore.
Congratulations on your retirement and keep collecting those checks

I can tell that from following this site. And just seeing my local drivers. Dirty and busted up
package cars, drivers in torn and dirty jackets, it's sad. But hey in there defense the postal
guys and Fed Ex guys look just as bad. Laugh if you want but I went out there every day
with a sense of professionalism. Clean uniform, polished my shoes every morning. Clean package
car. It's a thing of the past obviously.

I can tell that from following this site. And just seeing my local drivers. Dirty and busted up
package cars, drivers in torn and dirty jackets, it's sad. But hey in there defense the postal
guys and Fed Ex guys look just as bad. Laugh if you want but I went out there every day
with a sense of professionalism. Clean uniform, polished my shoes every morning. Clean package
The only way the cargo area gets cleaned out is I do it. It's ashame

rod

Retired 22 years
Its funny now thinking back that even if the trucks weren't dirty they were washed every night.

So what do you do? It sure isn't wash the trucks every night?
Come in at 4 to do set up, fill the primary with package cars to be unloaded, chit chat with guys showing up for the twi sort. After the sort starts we pull the empty cars out and park another full car. Takes 5 of us to keep up with 2 unloaders. 6:30 take packages over to the customer counter and bring air packages back. Go on break. 8:00 take packages to the airport that did not make the air trailer. 9:00 go home. All that work for $900/wk.

rod

Retired 22 years
Come in at 4 to do set up, fill the primary with package cars to be unloaded, chit chat with guys showing up for the twi sort. After the sort starts we pull the empty cars out and park another full car. Takes 5 of us to keep up with 2 unloaders. 6:30 take packages over to the customer counter and bring air packages back. Go on break. 8:00 take packages to the airport that did not make the air trailer. 9:00 go home. All that work for $900/wk.
No wonder the company will eventually go tits up. So why do they call you car washers?

No wonder the company will eventually go tits up. So why do they call you car washers?
Classification. Called me in early today to make a couple pick ups. Got there and they told me the regular driver got it all. Extra hour at top driver rate. And a pat on the back for saving their bacon. "We owe you one."

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we washed our own feeder tractors. most of the time i would have to wash it before my shift cause the previous driver did not and at end of shift.

we had one car washer for the whole hub. your talking over 100 tractors and i don't know how many cars. they used a couple pters for the package cars. i loved doing car wash when on relief. ( tractors only )