The anti-woke movement

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And a further study tells us that those who believe in Jesus and follow God's commandments will be saved. And those who don't will be condemned.
So you're condemning a child born in a small town in India who's parents taught him or her to believe in Hinduism?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1707336732291.png

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm not condemning anyone. Take it up with God.
But you believe in a religion & god who would condemn that child and millions of others. Pardon my French, but that's a :censored2:ed up belief. That's a higher being that I would not want to have anything to do with and a major reason why I left.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
But you believe in a religion & god who would condemn that child and millions of others. Pardon my French, but that's a :censored2:ed up belief. That's a higher being that I would not want to have anything to do with and a major reason why I left.
What would the higher being you would want to have anything to do with be? Anything goes? Whatever you think and believe is fine?
If the great Hindu god sent is only son to sacrifice his life for your salvation and his justice demanded that you believe it would that be a fracked up belief?
Would you be satisfied with whatever one wants to believe is fine, making everything you decided and did not matter?

Last edited:

vantexan

And that's your choice.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
There religion believes in God.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you're condemning a child born in a small town in India who's parents taught him or her to believe in Hinduism?
Or an innocent child born a few hundred years ago to native Americans. Sure he grew up and practiced his people's tradition of human sacrifice and cannibalism, but how was he supposed to know eating people was bad? God is so mean!

vantexan

That's an excellent quote. It's from the collection of books that you say aren't inspired by God when the text says things you don't like. But doesn't stop you from cherry picking what you do like even if you take it out of context. Jesus and his apostles made it very clear that salvation comes through Jesus. He died to give those who turn to him everlasting life. He didn't die so that the whole world is saved whether they believe in him or not. I may be wrong but it does seem that's what you're inferring.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's an excellent quote. It's from the collection of books that you say aren't inspired by God when the text says things you don't like. But doesn't stop you from cherry picking what you do like even if you take it out of context. Jesus and his apostles made it very clear that salvation comes through Jesus. He died to give those who turn to him everlasting life. He didn't die so that the whole world is saved whether they believe in him or not. I may be wrong but it does seem that's what you're inferring.
IMG_5530.jpeg

vantexan

"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew you my faith by my works. Thou believest there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

James 2: 17-26

The New Testament in its entirety tells us God so loves us that he gave his son as a sacrifice for our sins. Nothing we do in life is worthy of that. All our righteousness is as filthy rags. But we can not come to the Father through any other means other than belief that Jesus is the Son of God(an act or work). We must repent of our sins(a work) confess that he is the Son of God and our savior(a work) and be buried with him in baptism(a symbolic act that every account of conversion includes..."He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.") then we must remain faithful to the best of our ability. The verses you quoted in Ephesians is but one of many things Paul wrote. He also wrote of sins that would cause you to lose your soul. Taken out of context your verses cited, while very true in that we are saved by faith, are part of what Paul says having faith entails. It's not enough to just believe. There will be a Day of Judgement and your life will be judged for how you lived and your sincere efforts to do the right thing. If you promote sin as being ok, that you'll go to heaven anyways, you are distorting, ignoring, disbelieving what Paul and Christ's other chosen apostles wrote to us. The verses you chose, if you choose to only focus on them, are, as I have been saying, cherry picked for the outcome you want. The Scriptures must be taken as a whole.

Integrity

Binge Poster
"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew you my faith by my works. Thou believest there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

James 2: 17-26

The New Testament in its entirety tells us God so loves us that he gave his son as a sacrifice for our sins. Nothing we do in life is worthy of that. All our righteousness is as filthy rags. But we can not come to the Father through any other means other than belief that Jesus is the Son of God(an act or work). We must repent of our sins(a work) confess that he is the Son of God and our savior(a work) and be buried with him in baptism(a symbolic act that every account of conversion includes..."He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.") then we must remain faithful to the best of our ability. The verses you quoted in Ephesians is but one of many things Paul wrote. He also wrote of sins that would cause you to lose your soul. Taken out of context your verses cited, while very true in that we are saved by faith, are part of what Paul says having faith entails. It's not enough to just believe. There will be a Day of Judgement and your life will be judged for how you lived and your sincere efforts to do the right thing. If you promote sin as being ok, that you'll go to heaven anyways, you are distorting, ignoring, disbelieving what Paul and Christ's other chosen apostles wrote to us. The verses you chose, if you choose to only focus on them, are, as I have been saying, cherry picked for the outcome you want. The Scriptures must be taken as a whole.
IMG_5535.png