The Concept of a Pension Should be Offensive to People

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Rent has gone way up, electricity is expensive in the summer, I have solar, and car insurance is a bit high. Stay away.
How are the strip clubs…isn’t that one of the most important things??? You and I have to go somewhere when Mrs cold is on that cruise with her homegirls.

anonymous23456

Ugh...we have to get the list of states that don't tax pensions/retirement money! Keep moving to "free" states when your current residence becomes commie.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Rent has gone way up, electricity is expensive in the summer, I have solar, and car insurance is a bit high. Stay away.

1704987766854.png

We are moving in "lock, stock, and barrel."

I dare you to keep me out....

1704987842722.png

Over70irregs

Sarcasm friend.
The reasoning is if you wait, you will die with less draw years and take less from the kitty.
Ask your financial dude what is the break even age for you
I think it's around 78 or 80. That does not include the money you could make by actually having the money at 62.

\
62-70 is a chunk of compounding time. Similar to pension at 50-51 vs 56-59 Hard to make up lost pension years mathematically at say (~50k+\yr)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have. My financial guy says just the opposite, take it at 62. I myself agree longevity isn’t in my family genes. Father died of cancer at 70, mother has had a heart attack and a stroke, younger brother had a stroke. Sometimes I wonder if I’m on borrowed time.
Financial dude said straight up that he doesn’t care about me on the SS front…since I will probably die first that it’s all about Mrs. Cold and he wants her to receive max amount since she will more than likely be living longer…I think money dude just wants me to die and merry a more wealthy Mrs cold!!! Bastard!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Financial dude said straight up that he doesn’t care about me on the SS front…since I will probably die first that it’s all about Mrs. Cold and he wants her to receive max amount since she will more than likely be living longer…I think money dude just wants me to die and merry a more wealthy Mrs cold!!! Bastard!
So he wants you to defer SS, thereby increasing the monthly, so Mrs Cold collects the larger of the two if you pass, which I assume is your benefit amount?

At what age does he want you to receive benefits?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol, I just watched that episode last week! 🤣
:censored2:ing del boca vista phase 2… the show where Jerry buys his pops that Cadillac is funny as :censored2:. And that stupid space pen…classic
So he wants you to defer SS, thereby increasing the monthly, so Mrs Cold collects the larger of the two if you pass, which I assume is your benefit amount?

At what age does he want you to receive benefits?
i assume 70 1/2. We have talked about it a few times with him and he is seriously hell bent on it. I was going to say split it in the middle at 66 but I don’t know. Ultimately it’s our decision and I will not go into the 401k until 65 and we will have probably 1.5-2 in there to take out as needed. Maybe he’s just covering the bases incase the pension goes belly up in 25 years??

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
:censored2:ing del boca vista phase 2… the show where Jerry buys his pops that Cadillac is funny as :censored2:. And that stupid space pen…classic

i assume 70 1/2. We have talked about it a few times with him and he is seriously hell bent on it. I was going to say split it in the middle at 66 but I don’t know. Ultimately it’s our decision and I will not go into the 401k until 65 and we will have probably 1.5-2 in there to take out as needed. Maybe he’s just covering the bases incase the pension goes belly up in 25 years??
Seems to using the SS as insurance.