The Concept of a Pension Should be Offensive to People

oldngray

nowhere special
You’re still here greyman and the dementia?… forget about it
not dead yet.gif

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
62-70 is a chunk of compounding time. Similar to pension at 50-51 vs 56-59 Hard to make up lost pension years mathematically at say (~50k+\yr)
The guys I know still working, those sought after feeder runs, are probably working for 40k a year.
They will never live long enough or if they do, it won’t be with the health I’ve enjoyed, and will receive half of what I will if they’re lucky.
It won’t buy you another minute and it dies with you.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
62-70 is a chunk of compounding time. Similar to pension at 50-51 vs 56-59 Hard to make up lost pension years mathematically at say (~50k+\yr)
You need to weigh how much more money you could get vs those lost years when you were younger and hopefully still healthy enough to enjoy them.

anonymous23456

You need to weigh how much more money you could get vs those lost years when you were younger and hopefully still healthy enough to enjoy them.
Well, you can't blame him if all he wants to do is getting the maximum SS payout to spend at Chicken Ranch. He doesn't even need to move anywhere else. All he needs to do is just walking from there and back to his motel/van.

Over70irregs

The guys I know still working, those sought after feeder runs, are probably working for 40k a year.
They will never live long enough or if they do, it won’t be with the health I’ve enjoyed, and will receive half of what I will if they’re lucky.
It won’t buy you another minute and it dies with you.
That’s why I’m like get the $ now. There will be a wave of dementia Alzheimers cases. We can see it now. Plus effects from medical procedures people took

Over70irregs

Yes. Do you want to roll hard in 50s 60s or 70s 80s? Screw that. I know medicine is improving but they are going to stick people in senior housing eating oatmeal sucking their $ up.

Faceplanted

Lmao @ people having financial “guys”

You’re literally taking advice from a bunch of Dave’s with slightly more schooling, shilling financial products so they can profit of said products

rod

Retired 22 years
Lmao @ people having financial “guys”

You’re literally taking advice from a bunch of Dave’s with slightly more schooling, shilling financial products so they can profit of said products
Get a good one. My guy has made me TONS of money and has kept me from losing way less during the down times than what most do. He is way more educated about the ins and outs of investing than I could ever be.

Brown Down

Get a good one. My guy has made me TONS of money and has kept me from losing way less during the down times than what most do. He is way more educated about the ins and outs of investing than I could ever be.
Exactly. Also some of us have multiple streams that will come into play. My wifecalso will have a 401k and a pension on top of my 2 pensions, 401k, and a few other things. Almost impossible for me to keep track of and maintain properly.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

This is the reason you have to drop 23k in 401k. View attachment 463134
Yeah, but would you want to go back in time and shop for goods and services in 1971? Things are significantly better and significantly cheaper even though purchasing power has dropped and wages stagnated. That’s the dirty deal we made when we shipped off manufacturing to China and we became a service based economy. Better and cheaper goods at the expense of good middle class jobs. Back in ‘71 a household probably had one car, one phone, one tv and maybe went on one vacation a year. Now you have two cars, a house that’s three times larger and all the time saving and life easing appliances and gizmos you could imagine. Now you just have to determine wether or not destroying the middle class and good jobs was worth it. We could have kept manufacturing here but you’d be paying an American 2,500$ to make your iPhone or you can pay 899$ for some kid in China to make it.

Over70irregs

Yeah, but would you want to go back in time and shop for goods and services in 1971? Things are significantly better and significantly cheaper even though purchasing power has dropped and wages stagnated. That’s the dirty deal we made when we shipped off manufacturing to China and we became a service based economy. Better and cheaper goods at the expense of good middle class jobs. Back in ‘71 a household probably had one car, one phone, one tv and maybe went on one vacation a year. Now you have two cars, a house that’s three times larger and all the time saving and life easing appliances and gizmos you could imagine. Now you just have to determine wether or not destroying the middle class and good jobs was worth it. We could have kept manufacturing here but you’d be paying an American 2,500$ to make your iPhone or you can pay 899$ for some kid in China to make it.
Simple greed