The contact enacted in 2008

M

mikerlz

fair enough. i'm not from philly. i can only speak for the stewards here. youre lucky to even find them, let alone have them do anything. it seems this whole thread has just been a brush off of a "whiny kid who wants to do no work for more pay," and it's a direct reflection of the new contract that affected future employees like me, and not the people who actually voted for it.

hembone

I take great exception to that comment. I have fought big time for Pt'ers since I became a steward and will continue to do so in the future.I get little or no help from the Pt'ers . I get guys who would rather take a day suspension to have a day off rather than file an article 7.I get answers like " I don'y want a target on my back" when I ask guys to stick up for what is right.I take off from other job to come in early to catch sups unloading trucks and I can't even get union people to come in early to make extra money and take over. With comments like that you can KMA !

Good post.I learned very quickly as a steward you can't please everyone, and if the one's you don't please talk about you behind your back so be it.

hembone

I was at a union meeting one Saturday and a part-timer was bitching about a sup working. The BA said why didn't you tell them you wanted to work. She replied I wanted to go home. He gave her a "then shut the #### up" look.

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

fair enough. i'm not from philly. i can only speak for the stewards here. youre lucky to even find them, let alone have them do anything. it seems this whole thread has just been a brush off of a "whiny kid who wants to do no work for more pay," and it's a direct reflection of the new contract that affected future employees like me, and not the people who actually voted for it.

What do you mean you can't find your stewards? Do you know who they are if you know who they are they shouldn't be to hard find they work in the same building you do. IF you can't find a steward call you BA when you get out of work if you have a problem.