The contradictions continue

upscorpis

Dfig,

I've seen the anonymous tip line do wonders for such events, especially if there are multiple tips pointing toward the same issue. Even those with big titles are not immune from following policies, procedures, business conduct guidelines, etc.

I read your signature. Have you given up?

Dfigtree

Dfig,

I've seen the anonymous tip line do wonders for such events, especially if there are multiple tips pointing toward the same issue. Even those with big titles are not immune from following policies, procedures, business conduct guidelines, etc.

I read your signature. Have you given up?

I think your statement above is the way you wish things would be but I would challenge its validity.

A hundred people (a slight exaggeration, I think) reported Mr. Nail in his illustrious career. It was told to me that he used to say "ka-ching" every time someone would drop a dime on him and that that meant he was doing things right. Since he achieved, what?, vice president, and all he had to do was give an apology, people got to thinking that their careers were likely to be ruined and Mr Nail's career was likely to be furthered. NO ONE BELIEVES IN THE SECRECY OF THE BUSINESS CONDUCT LINE. No one I know anyway. So, if you are in any position of power, you just might want to do a survey on this subject.

The Jimmy V quote (Don't give up. Don't ever, ever give up.) refers to a disease this is in remission.

I left UPS after enough hatred and psychotic managers had made it impossible to do my job successfully. (Oh, yeah. My job had been taken away from me. I forgot. Must have been my mild manner. I never spat at anybody. I treated people with respect. That makes for a witches brew for failure.) Mr. Nails and Mr. Puts are two of the sickest individuals I have ever met. And, I could get dozens of people to back that up. One down. One to go.

pretzel_man

I think your statement above is the way you wish things would be but I would challenge its validity.

A hundred people (a slight exaggeration, I think) reported Mr. Nail in his illustrious career. It was told to me that he used to say "ka-ching" every time someone would drop a dime on him and that that meant he was doing things right. Since he achieved, what?, vice president, and all he had to do was give an apology, people got to thinking that their careers were likely to be ruined and Mr Nail's career was likely to be furthered. NO ONE BELIEVES IN THE SECRECY OF THE BUSINESS CONDUCT LINE. No one I know anyway. So, if you are in any position of power, you just might want to do a survey on this subject.

The Jimmy V quote (Don't give up. Don't ever, ever give up.) refers to a disease this is in remission.

I left UPS after enough hatred and psychotic managers had made it impossible to do my job successfully. (Oh, yeah. My job had been taken away from me. I forgot. Must have been my mild manner. I never spat at anybody. I treated people with respect. That makes for a witches brew for failure.) Mr. Nails and Mr. Puts are two of the sickest individuals I have ever met. And, I could get dozens of people to back that up. One down. One to go.

First, I don't know what people BELIEVE about the business conduct line. I do know for a fact that its a quality process and concerns are properly handled. I know some of the corporate people that manage the process, and they are excellent people of the highest integrity.

I do not know who Mr. P is, but I did know Mr. N very well.

He has a huge ego and is a poor manager. However, I found him to be a good person who did a lot of good for UPS.

I think he reach a level beyond his competence, but I do not belive your "ka ching" story. That is not the JN I know.

P-Man