The Debt Clock

Smashmouth

You might as well face the fact that if they gave you everything there would be no incentive to work. If you aren't clever enough to find a way out then that's your lot in life.

You response makes no sense. My post is about the ridiculous tax cut and how it doesnt benefit the common man, and how one of the main arguements for said tax cut was that corporations would pass on their tax windfall in the form of pay raises and bonuses for their employees. Obviously our company like most others is not doing that, so once again, the trickle down theory isnt working.

Smashmouth

Tax cut is more than 500 and it matters to me. Ah, yes comrade let us hate the corporations, the entities that create our products and provide our jobs. Instead of giving money to the greedy corporations let’s give it to the honest federal government.

Yep, that honest federal government is the ones who created said tax cut. I guess they were really being honest then, huh?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All I’m saying my life’s worth of income tax went to the great scientific endeavor of making a fish run on a treadmill.
Family of four making 100k a year could pay as little as 2.5% of their earnings in income tax and retire with 3 million in savings after only 20 years.

Taxes aren't that high bro. They're at historic lows. The problem is people waste money then bitch about it instead of taking personal responsibility.

Sportello

I’ll quit bitching when they quit putting fish on treadmills and charging me 500,000 dollars.

Am I the only person that bothers??
Yes. What’s cooler than fish on treadmills?

Can you post pictures? I’d like to get one for a bored rodent I know.

Smashmouth

I’ll quit bitching when they quit putting fish on treadmills and charging me 500,000 dollars.

Am I the only person that bothers??

So you’re really just pissed about government waste?...yes that pisses me off too. But who do you think controls the goverment and all these yahoos in Washington?...Uhhhmm...lobbyists for....wait for it.....BIG BUSINESS!...so give your money to the government, give it to the corporations....its all the same.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yes. What’s cooler than fish on treadmills?

Can you post pictures? I’d like to get one for a bored rodent I know.
upload_2018-8-29_19-34-41.jpeg

This one is costing us a lot more than 500k.

Smashmouth

All I’m saying my life’s worth of income tax went to the great scientific endeavor of making a fish run on a treadmill.

Look, the goverment is a bunch of scum...all of them...repubs and dems...they keep us arguing amongst each other about the same stupid :censored2:, while they’re raiding the henhouse!! I bet you and I could grab a couple beers and come up with solutions and compromises to most of the same problems these idiots have been kicking down the road for the last thirty years.

El Correcto

god is dead
Look, the goverment is a bunch of scum...all of them...repubs and dems...they keep us arguing amongst each other about the same stupid :censored2:, while they’re raiding the henhouse!! I bet you and I could grab a couple beers and come up with solutions and compromises to most of the same problems these idiots have been kicking down the road for the last thirty years.
What?

Smashmouth

Family of four making 100k a year could pay as little as 2.5% of their earnings in income tax and retire with 3 million in savings after only 20 years.

Taxes aren't that high bro. They're at historic lows. The problem is people waste money then bitch about it instead of taking personal responsibility.

You got that right....gotta have that new cell phone at all costs! I have a lady on my route that lives with her longtime boyfriend. He ran up his credit cards and maxed everything and then declared bankruptcy. They have been living off her credit and running up her cards maxing everything, and now that its been seven years since his bankruptcy, she is going to file and start the circle all over again. And she tells me all this like its a badge of honor.