The Debt Commission

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree with Newt's comments on this debt commission creation..
I don't like secret, behind closed doors meetings. If the House & Senate can't agree on anything, how are 6 Republicans and 6 Democrats going to agree on anything? The votes will always be 6 to 6 !! This should all be handled openly as part of congress's work.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why are ANY of the yahoos who created this mess allowed to be on this so-called debt commission. What a joke!! They should have people who know how to balance a checkbook on it. That would most certainly prevent any politian from joining.

wkmac

Why are ANY of the yahoos who created this mess allowed to be on this so-called debt commission. What a joke!! They should have people who know how to balance a checkbook on it. That would most certainly prevent any politian from joining.

Your criteria just eliminated everyone in Washington so that being the case, of what function and purpose does Washington now serve?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your criteria just eliminated everyone in Washington so that being the case, of what function and purpose does Washington now serve?

I would have preferred to see a panel made up of a cross-section of American business people but it would simply take them too long to get up to speed. If this Debt Commission is serious about doing their job(s) and all agree to leave politics at the door then I feel substantive change can be accomplished.

Clearly something needs to be done and it needs to be done quickly. S&P gave us the wake-up call--we have to decide if want to take it and run with it or if we want to hit the snooze button (again).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If you wanted to select the six most doctrinaire statists in Congress, you’d be hard pressed to come up with a different list. To understand just how left wing they are, here’s a chart showing their 2010 ratings from the National Taxpayers Union. They all had the same grade – a big fat friend. And that is rather remarkable since NTU grades on a big curve. A score of 19 is all it takes to get a D.
For purposes of comparison, I’ve also added a line indicating Senator Ted Kennedy’s lifetime rating. He got an friend, of course, but his average rating was higher than every single one of the big-government clowns named by Reid and Pelosi.

http://biggovernment.com/

moreluck

golden ticket member
9879440-large.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Another way to look at the Debt Ceiling ..........................Let's say You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your home, and you have sewage up to your ceilings.

What do you think you should do……raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice.

JustTired

free at last.......
Another way to look at the Debt Ceiling ..........................Let's say You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your home, and you have sewage up to your ceilings.

What doyou thinkyou should do……raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap?

Your choice.

Well......I guess you could pump out the crap. But I think what you would find is a congress sitting on the pot who refused to do anything about it when the crap was only up to their hips. That would have been....oh let's see.......around 2003, maybe?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well......I guess you could pump out the crap. But I think what you would find is a congress sitting on the pot who refused to do anything about it when the crap was only up to their hips. That would have been....oh let's see.......around 2003, maybe?

The Dems. controlled congess and the presidency much more recently and did nothing !!!

JustTired

free at last.......
The Dems. controlled congess and the presidency much more recently and did nothing !!!

Well, I'm guessing the pump they had to use could only keep up with the amount of new sewage flowing in(2 wars,medicare prescription plan and TARP). When they tried to get a bigger one.....someone kept saying NO. (filibuster)

So.....there's plenty of blame to go around. The "blame game" solves nothing! But, hey, let's keep playing it. It will assure our mutual destruction!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, I'm guessing the pump they had to use could only keep up with the amount of new sewage flowing in(2 wars,medicare prescription plan and TARP). When they tried to get a bigger one.....someone kept saying NO. (filibuster)

So.....there's plenty of blame to go around. The "blame game" solves nothing! But, hey, let's keep playing it. It will assure our mutual destruction!

So where's a budget for our country?

JustTired

free at last.......
So where's a budget for our country?

Well...to keep the blame going......I guess you would have to ask congress. After all, it is their responsibility to provide one. The only thing a president can do is make suggestions and sign it into law(or not) when it comes to his desk. That is one thing he is getting the blame for that is (ultimately) totally out of his control. I guess he could demand that congress act......but we've seen what happens using that tact.

Both the House and the Senate, both Dems and Reps, have been derelict in their duties as far as I'm concerned. They will not commit themselves to anything that might hurt their chances of re-election. They are more concerned for their jobs than the well being of the U.S. and if the voters in this country don't take notice, they will keep re-electing the same disfunctional government over and over. That is, with the possible exception of the President. After all......it's a lot easier to blame one person than the hundreds who more deserve the blame. Changing the executive branch does very little when the bulk of the problem lies in the legislative branch.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well...to keep the blame going......I guess you would have to ask congress. After all, it is their responsibility to provide one. The only thing a president can do is make suggestions and sign it into law(or not) when it comes to his desk. That is one thing he is getting the blame for that is (ultimately) totally out of his control. I guess he could demand that congress act......but we've seen what happens using that tact.

Both the House and the Senate, both Dems and Reps, have been derelict in their duties as far as I'm concerned. They will not commit themselves to anything that might hurt their chances of re-election. They are more concerned for their jobs than the well being of the U.S. and if the voters in this country don't take notice, they will keep re-electing the same disfunctional government over and over. That is, with the possible exception of the President. After all......it's a lot easier to blame one person than the hundreds who more deserve the blame. Changing the executive branch does very little when the bulk of the problem lies in the legislative branch.

My point is....with a D. president and a D. senate and a D. house, they still didn't bother to pass a budget.........what a bunch of lazy cows!!