rod

Retired 22 years
If he gets off he might consider moving to the whitest enclave in America because there will probably be quite a few blacks gunning for him.
In the long run blacks don't care about the likes of him anymore other than he gives them an excuse to loot - burn-and run wild in the street. I doubt the average thug in Minneapolis even knows his name but they know what stores they will target if he gets off.

vantexan

He took a professional low life thug who was nothing but a trouble making drug using POS off the street---permanently. I vote he gets a medal.
I really don't want cops put in the position of doing that. Enforce the law. Once Floyd was subdued that should've been the end of it. Doubt he'll be convicted of murder but criminal negligence or depraved indifference will probably happen.

vantexan

In the long run blacks don't care about the likes of him anymore other than he gives them an excuse to loot - burn-and run wild in the street. I doubt the average thug in Minneapolis even knows his name but they know what stores they will target if he gets off.
When Officer Wilson shot Michael Brown he got a lot of death threats. Floyd had his issues but I doubt he was half the thug Brown was. People saw him expire after begging for his life and emotions ran awfully high. Don't think Chauvin should consider moving anywhere with a sizeable black population. There are BLM/Antifa people who'd probably be eager to hurt him.

El Correcto

god is dead
When Officer Wilson shot Michael Brown he got a lot of death threats. Floyd had his issues but I doubt he was half the thug Brown was. People saw him expire after begging for his life and emotions ran awfully high. Don't think Chauvin should consider moving anywhere with a sizeable black population. There are BLM/Antifa people who'd probably be eager to hurt him.
Floyd was older and probably more chill than brown. Being put in a cage and forced to :censored2: and shower in front of other men can humble you. Don’t be wrong about Floyd though, that’s the type of dude who robbed a pregnant woman in her home at one point. There is no confusion or mistaking when you take an action like that. You truly don’t give a single solitary :censored2: about other people to be pointing guns at pregnant women.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Floyd had his issues but I doubt he was half the thug Brown was.
He posed as a utility worker to get a pregnant woman to open her door. Then he forced his way inside, pointed a gun at her belly and threatened to murder her and her unborn child if she didn't give him money.

When he didn't get what he wanted, he pistol whipped her and left her bleeding on the floor. This was after multiple arrests for drugs and theft. He served a measley couple years, got out, and went back to being a drug user.

After getting caught using counterfeit money, he got into a long fight with police while high on fentanyl and overdosed.

Good riddance.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He posed as a utility worker to get a pregnant woman to open her door. Then he forced his way inside, pointed a gun at her belly and threatened to murder her and her unborn child if she didn't give him money.

When he didn't get what he wanted, he pistol whipped her and left her bleeding on the floor. This was after multiple arrests for drugs and theft. He served a measley couple years, got out, and went back to being a drug user.

After getting caught using counterfeit money, he got into a long fight with police while high on fentanyl and overdosed.

Good riddance.

Now imagine that pregnant woman was a senator in the Capitol. I think liberal heads would explode while trying to decide the right way to virtue signal.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm fine with him getting charged as long as his leadership group also stands trial. this knee on the neck restraint was clearly allowed by the higher ups.

It's a safe technique, which is why they train officers to use it. The problem being it's hard to train them to detect when someone has 4 times the lethal amount of fentanyl in their systems so officers would know not to use it so it doesn't look to ignorant, politically motivated bystanders like the officer is hurting/killing the perp.

Box Ox

I remember hearing that they may have over charged him. Intentionally, of course. More riot time? 🤡
Yep. That's why they've been heavily barricading the courthouse. Judge dropped the third degree murder charge late last year. The prosecution is desperately trying to get it reinstated because convicting on the second degree (politically-motivated) charge would be much more difficult.

vantexan

Good riddance.
OK, wasn't aware of that.

newfie

It's a safe technique, which is why they train officers to use it. The problem being it's hard to train them to detect when someone has 4 times the lethal amount of fentanyl in their systems so officers would know not to use it so it doesn't look to ignorant, politically motivated bystanders like the officer is hurting/killing the perp.
i have a friend who recently retired from the Police force. they were trained to not use the tactic and to roll anyone restrained on their belly over within a couple of minutes to prevent what happened to Floyd.
I would imagine the training and supervisory approval of this tactic will be a key element to Chauvins defense.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Sigh...

"Although most of the fentanyl victims had a prior history of intravenous drug use, morphine or codeine were not commonly found, which suggests that the victims had little or no opiate tolerance. Ethanol was present in 38% of the cases and is thought to be a significant risk factor. Mean fentanyl concentrations in the body fluids were quite low: 3.0 +/- 3.1 ng/mL (0.3 +/- 0.31 micrograms/dL) in blood and 3.9 +/- 4.3 ng/mL (0.39 +/- 0.43 micrograms/dL) in urine, measured by radioimmunoassay."

"Clinical analgesic doses produce plasma levels of 0.3–0.7ng/mL; doses greater than 3 ng/mL cause loss of protective airway reflexes and CNS depression."

George Floyd's fentanyl blood concentration:
11 ng/ml

"Fentanyl at 11 ng/ml — this is higher than chronic pain patient. If he were found dead at home alone & no other apparent cause, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified w/ levels of 3"

For anyone who doesn't math very well, 11/3 = 3.6, which I rounded up to 4 for brevity. Assuming that Floyd had some opiate tolerance, and adjusting for his size, you could reasonably estimate that he had at least 2x the amount of Fentanyl in his system necessary to kill him.

It will be fine

Sigh...

"Although most of the fentanyl victims had a prior history of intravenous drug use, morphine or codeine were not commonly found, which suggests that the victims had little or no opiate tolerance. Ethanol was present in 38% of the cases and is thought to be a significant risk factor. Mean fentanyl concentrations in the body fluids were quite low: 3.0 +/- 3.1 ng/mL (0.3 +/- 0.31 micrograms/dL) in blood and 3.9 +/- 4.3 ng/mL (0.39 +/- 0.43 micrograms/dL) in urine, measured by radioimmunoassay."

"Clinical analgesic doses produce plasma levels of 0.3–0.7ng/mL; doses greater than 3 ng/mL cause loss of protective airway reflexes and CNS depression."

George Floyd's fentanyl blood concentration:
11 ng/ml

"Fentanyl at 11 ng/ml — this is higher than chronic pain patient. If he were found dead at home alone & no other apparent cause, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified w/ levels of 3"

For anyone who doesn't math very well, 11/3 = 3.6, which I rounded up to 4 for brevity. Assuming that Floyd had some opiate tolerance, and adjusting for his size, you could reasonably estimate that he had at least 2x the amount of Fentanyl in his system necessary to kill him.
Lol. Such a bad defense for your obviously incorrect assertion.