The drones are here

dmac1

I'm thinking dozens of drivers launching drones greatly increases the chances of doing themselves harm, causing damage to private property, holding them up from doing other deliveries. Meanwhile a trained team can be launching dozens of drones continuously all day long from the company building. Less vehicles, less fuel, less cost.

Do you think fedex cares about liability for contractors????? It is THE reason they use contractors. They want NO liability for ANYTHING. No liability for accidents, for wage violations, for taxes. After all, I am sure that having drones would be 'voluntary' for contractors, and if you don't volunteer, you aren't a
"team player". And I did mention that using local airfields would be a logical place to launch drones from, not the actual city streets. I guess you missed that part.

vantexan

Do you think fedex cares about liability for contractors????? It is THE reason they use contractors. They want NO liability for ANYTHING. No liability for accidents, for wage violations, for taxes. After all, I am sure that having drones would be 'voluntary' for contractors, and if you don't volunteer, you aren't a
"team player". And I did mention that using local airfields would be a logical place to launch drones from, not the actual city streets. I guess you missed that part.
I really wasn't arguing an you, just giving my opinion. I was thinking Express, but even Ground would give the company some exposure. That's FedEx on the side of the truck. People tend to use the real money.