The FedEx driver who sued and won

M I Indy

Face it. Law firms like the ones you suggest to work with are all about the class action lawsuit money. Nothing wrong with that, but they're just part of the game too.
When did I suggest a law firm? Please stop with the words you put in my mouth. I'm full of your crap. I wish all the law firms had represented individuals, not a class, this would all be over. After 10 or so victories, and X arguing the same pointless argument, the rest would have been walkovers. They made a calculation, like X did with the model, and miscalculated, like X did.

bbsam

Staff member
When did I suggest a law firm? Please stop with the words you put in my mouth. I'm full of your crap. I wish all the law firms had represented individuals, not a class, this would all be over. After 10 or so victories, and X arguing the same pointless argument, the rest would have been walkovers. They made a calculation, like X did with the model, and miscalculated, like X did.
Pointless argument that they keep winning with.

M I Indy

You have blinders on. X isn't the only corporation that plays this game and as long as the law allows companies to play fast and loose they will.

And no. I'd take a binding agreement with a law firm. Far better than contractor relations and at the very least would put a fast halt to rogue local management.

Then remove my blinders, tell me of all the corporations in this industry that contract with only one customer allowed, that aren't under scrutiny or lawsuits to their model. Show me the 100 decisions X has won. Did you ever read that list, most were abandoned as a result of X failure to comply with requests. You think AGENCIES are going to get X to comply, X would tell them they have no jurisdiction since person is a contractor, hang up phone and never answer to that number again. Now, through representation, cases are finding their way to proper venues. Since you'll take a binder, get everyone else to also, you collect monies (please contact Sweet Lou first, see what your business partner thinks), and I'm sure a firm would be glad to do it. Let me guess, you want someone else to do all the work of your BRILLIANT idea. After all you spent all your time coming up with the pipe dream. This is your situation, mine has been resolved, and those who wish for my help, I help.

M I Indy

With the IRS for one. Way back in the 90's I believe.

Nice stab in the air, you believe, try searching: X safety harbor, READ about it, and become informed instead tossing out speculation. You tire me, much like an X lawyer I know. Hmm.....
Try to know what you are talking about, no wonder you can't seem to retain the respect of your followers.

bbsam

Staff member
Nice stab in the air, you believe, try searching: X safety harbor, READ about it, and become informed instead tossing out speculation. You tire me, much like an X lawyer I know. Hmm.....
Try to know what you are talking about, no wonder you can't seem to retain the respect of your followers.
You need not respond to anything I say. I won't be the least bit insulted.

Read all you want but facts are facts. It is a vague law and X has remained flexible enough to keep a contractor model.

You've move on, so you say. Good for you.

bbsam

Staff member
I have followers?! Awesome!
Do you have followers too?

kickpackage1

So what kind of work do you do now after leaving Ground?
Worked for IC on May 20th 2013 after that day never went back filed for unemployment and I was Granted unemployment benefits 1 month later after that took a job with a Snack Company , Also want to say it does not matter if you work for a contractor or if you are a IC for FedEx Ground bottom line is they are all employees of FedEx because FedEx Ground Managers approached and questioned me about things and FedEx Ground Managers are not supposed to have any communication with an IC employees what so ever for instance one manager approached me one morning about a pick up that was not even on my list and they docked me for a late pick up I did the pick up only because the company called me on my cell phone wanting me to swing in and grab 3 packages he needed to go out for delivery because the normal driver was already there and left and I got docked for it and for basically doing FedEx a favor its called the FedEx the FREE LABOR ACT

kickpackage1

FEDEX FREE LABOR ACT , It does not matter what this guy paid for his business the bottom line is FedEx shouldn't be telling this guy what he can buy and what he cant buy it is his business and he should be able to run his business the way he wants ... "FEDEX" we can spend 48 million Dollars to put our names on a race car and we will charge IC's to put our Logo on their own trucks hmmmmm yep makes since to me ....

bbsam

Staff member
FEDEX FREE LABOR ACT , It does not matter what this guy paid for his business the bottom line is FedEx shouldn't be telling this guy what he can buy and what he cant buy it is his business and he should be able to run his business the way he wants ... "FEDEX" we can spend 48 million Dollars to put our names on a race car and we will charge IC's to put our Logo on their own trucks hmmmmm yep makes since to me ....
Some courts agree, some disagree.

STFXG

At one point I was told I either needed to buy a larger truck or run 2 trucks to service my area. It was during a peak plan meeting. I agreed and bought a larger truck. It was pretty common sense.

And what he did pay does matter. He invested 22k. What kind of yearly return would you expect on a 22k investment? 150k?