The first day of the 118th Congress ended Tuesday without a Speaker of the House

fishtm2001

Political tit for tat is pretty silly but it’s what you guys wanted. Hopefully these “public servants” will be too busy chasing their tails to create a more chaos for the real people.
as far as this allowing of a single lawmaker to call for a snap vote on the Speakership, what if Speaker MyKevin calls for a vote to create a new a House Select Committee for Revenge and the Showing of Hunter Biden Di-k Pics? Couldn't say, Ilhan Omar stand up, thank Mykevin for excluding an investigation of the 2020 election from the committee's jurisdiction, motion for a new vote for speaker, and sit back to watch the circus?

Thebrownblob

as far as this allowing of a single lawmaker to call for a snap vote on the Speakership, what if Speaker MyKevin calls for a vote to create a new a House Select Committee for Revenge and the Showing of Hunter Biden Di-k Pics? Couldn't say, Ilhan Omar stand up, thank Mykevin for excluding an investigation of the 2020 election from the committee's jurisdiction, motion for a new vote for speaker, and sit back to watch the circus?
I hope so. I watched the vote last night. It was kind of like watching a circus with all sides. Actually, the scene from Star Wars where they go to that bar is more like it. What a bunch of weirdos.

Thebrownblob

The economy is trash. Got it. The US is set up to have a stronger economic outlook than any other leading industrial nation.
Sure, they are. Keep telling that to all the people who are getting jobs and making less spendable money due to the “transitory” inflation. Now if you’re talking about the Wall Street class I’m sure they’ll be just fine. All the people in Washington make sure their buddies are taken care of.

vantexan

And among the concessions was a rule along the lines where it will only take a single vote to remove him from speaker. Wouldn't that be something. The largest number of votes in recent history to become speaker and in the end the shortest serving speaker in recent history.
That's based on him not keeping his word on the rules they've agreed to. They aren't just going to remove him or anyone else willy nilly.

vantexan

It was a process that required hospitals to provide charity care paid for by means of over charging for services and passing those costs back to insurers who were left with no other choice but to raise subscriber premiums. Do you support the elimination of this requirement?
It's not tax money nor is it something I caused. You however support giving half a trillion dollars to people who don't need it. Physician, heal thyself.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
L O L I’m not really disagreeing with you, but that’s like going to that city trash dump and pretending it’s prime real estate. The economy already is trash.
I'm not of the belief yet that the economy is trash. Everyone who wants to work can find a job somewhere, wages are up.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Reportedly, the rule is written in such a way that only members of the Republican Conference can invoke it.

Gotta Go

1673132300158.png