The first day of the 118th Congress ended Tuesday without a Speaker of the House

vantexan

It only controls the House of Representatives. And by a margin so small they is no way the GOP could override a presidential veto. .
You do know that any legislation that makes it to the president for signing has to be passed by the Democratic controlled Senate too, right? And that both houses have to override his veto? So if it's something so popular that both houses would choose to override a veto it's highly unlikely Biden would veto it. But don't be afraid. It's highly unlikely that anything the Republican controlled House of Representatives passes will also be passed by the Democratic controlled Senate. Follow me for more civics lessons on how the government works.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And among the concessions was a rule along the lines where it will only take a single vote to remove him from speaker. Wouldn't that be something. The largest number of votes in recent history to become speaker and in the end the shortest serving speaker in recent history.

Still need a majority to oust him

fishtm2001

Sure, they are. Keep telling that to all the people who are getting jobs and making less spendable money due to the “transitory” inflation. Now if you’re talking about the Wall Street class I’m sure they’ll be just fine. All the people in Washington make sure their buddies are taken care of.

Thebrownblob

Sure send an article full of left-wing liberal garbage from a liberal think tank lol that article is so ridiculous. It made me laugh.

Should I combat that silly article with an article from the heritage foundation?

Now try to find some articles about actual Americans struggling and get back to us.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Sure send an article full of left-wing liberal garbage from a liberal think tank lol that article is so ridiculous. It made me laugh.

Should I combat that silly article with an article from the heritage foundation?

Now try to find some articles about actual Americans struggling and get back to us.
If people are struggling maybe they should do something to help themselves out. Maybe get a part time job? Majority of businesses around here are struggling to find employees.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
That article, like most normies, has zero understanding of how the USD and the Fed are effectively the world's monetary policy, so anything "global" is just a ripple effect of what the Fed is doing or has done

While the US economy is "strong" compared to Europe or Japan, that's only because they are literal slaves to the USD

Basically we are the drug dealer, and just because a bunch of addicts are hooked on our current product doesn't mean they can't choose a different drug (a basket currency) or peddler (BRICS)

If/when that happens, we are :censored2:ed beyond belief for at least a generation if not 2-3

Thebrownblob

If people are struggling maybe they should do something to help themselves out. Maybe get a part time job? Majority of businesses around here are struggling to find employees.

fishtm2001

Labor market is strong. 10.5 million job openings reported for end of Nov., well over the number of unemployed.

fishtm2001

I got your "left wing"

Thebrownblob

I got your "left wing"

Alan Stuart Blinder (/ˈblaɪndər/, born October 14, 1945) is an American economics professor at Princeton University and is listed among the most influential economists in the world according to IDEAS/RePEc. He is a leading macroeconomist, politically liberal, and a champion of Keynesian economics and policies.

Lol an “opinion” piece by a Keynesian economist.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yes, and all of them actually making less because they’re buying power has been so reduced
Isn’t it nice that you live in pretendLandia?
Some of those hurting need to try a little harder to live within their means. I get it that inflation has eroded buying power but some need to get over the need it now mentality. If you can't pay your electric bill then maybe you shouldn't buy the newest iPhone, a new car, ribeye steaks, more house than you can afford, etc.
When the covid handouts happened, I was in porters and watched the loaded bulk carts and bricked out package cars with :censored2: that people didn't need. They had cash burning a hole in their pockets and had to spend it. Should have put it into a rainy day fund or paid down debt.

Thebrownblob

Some of those hurting need to try a little harder to live within their means. I get it that inflation has eroded buying power but some need to get over the need it now mentality. If you can't pay your electric bill then maybe you shouldn't buy the newest iPhone, a new car, ribeye steaks, more house than you can afford, etc.
When the covid handouts happened, I was in porters and watched the loaded bulk carts and bricked out package cars with :censored2: that people didn't need. They had cash burning a hole in their pockets and had to spend it. Should have put it into a rainy day fund or paid down debt.
Get no argument for me about spending within your means.

But I have a feeling most of America have learned from the government how to handle finances.

You should go on Reddit and say something like that you will get 5 million downvotes and get called a Trump loving republican 😂