The future of Brown Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With such a small user base. I can't see it being worthwhile to continue it?

Can that base be expanded?

Just my opinion, but I thought there were more participants before the site became heavily moderated?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
With such a small user base. I can't see it being worthwhile to continue it?

Can that base be expanded?

Just my opinion, but I thought there were more participants before the site became heavily moderated?
I can be ridiculous at times

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Must just be you Wallace I didn’t even know Moderators were watching and when I’ve interacted with them it’s always been professional and courteous
Well,except for the newest mod @Indecisi0n he definitely has some issues

Box Ox

It's probably important to remember that because of the relative anonymity this site affords, people feel a lot more free to speak their minds about the Company and give candid advice on a wide range of life and work-related topics when current or prospective employees come looking for it.

Social media sites like Facebook might be competition for Brown Cafe but they're certainly not a replacement.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Must just be you Wallace I didn’t even know Moderators were watching and when I’ve interacted with them it’s always been professional and courteous
Well,except for the newest mod @Indecisi0n he definitely has some issues
You do not remember posts being deleted like mad? Threads shut down?

Thebrownblob

This site is an important knowledge base of past UPS issues. And I believe it’s an important piece for the future and I believe the base will grow especially as we move to contract time. Already said I will give money and I will if necessary.

over9five

Staff member
Yikes, this was Cheryl's baby. Maybe it's time to say goodbye...

We're very lucky it's still up. It REALLY could go down any time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You do not remember posts being deleted like mad? Threads shut down?
What I remember is certain members ganging up on new posters and running them off. That is what really killed numbers. Before Cheryl asked for help she had a heavier hand moderating. It got to where she couldn't do it by herself.

bbsam

Staff member
Yikes, this was Cheryl's baby. Maybe it's time to say goodbye...

We're very lucky it's still up. It REALLY could go down any time.
I think it would be a nice legacy to Cheryl to keep it up and running if possible. And as others have said it remains good reference source as well as enjoyable stupid banter on just about every possible topic.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cheryl's daughter contacted me a little while ago and is still wanting the site to continue. Do we have anybody with the experience that wants to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.