The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Johney

I hate to say it but there is a guy in my old building very similar to our friend PT car Washer. Been a 22.3 guy for about 10 years now. Doesn’t do :censored2: unless they make him shift(which is rare). I mean does NOTHING still don’t know how he gets away with it. Whatever he has 40+ years I guess that makes it ok. Guy is a POS. I’ve walked out when they made me shift with this tool bag. Told em ain’t happening see you tomorrow.

542thruNthru

I hate to say it but there is a guy in my old building very similar to our friend PT car Washer. Been a 22.3 guy for about 10 years now. Doesn’t do :censored2: unless they make him shift(which is rare). I mean does NOTHING still don’t know how he gets away with it. Whatever he has 40+ years I guess that makes it ok. Guy is a POS. I’ve walked out when they made me shift with this tool bag. Told em ain’t happening see you tomorrow.
Most 22.3 don't do anything. That's why so many people want more of them.

Last edited:

Commercial Inside Release

@PT Car Washer is probably in the top 10% for punctuality, attendance, knowledge of operations, experience, and reliability. Just because the guy is a shrewd negotiator when dealing with management, and knows the rules well enough to bend them to his advantage doesn't make him a bad worker.

They wouldn't count on him to save operations a22es if he wasn't productive.

542thruNthru

@PT Car Washer is probably in the top 10% for punctuality, attendance, knowledge of operations, experience, and reliability. Just because the guy is a shrewd negotiator when dealing with management, and knows the rules well enough to bend them to his advantage doesn't make him a bad worker.

We might take your comment seriously if you hadn't already proven that you like to ignore the contract when it benefits you as well. :)

Last edited:

The other week management wanted me to go help out with pick ups because a new driver got behind. Two delivery drivers were getting ready to punch out at 4:30 and I asked them if they wanted the work. Nope I'm going home. I did my work for the day. But yet I'm the bad guy for bailing out the new guy.

542thruNthru

The other week management wanted me to go help out with pick ups because a new driver got behind. Two delivery drivers were getting ready to punch out at 4:30 and I asked them if they wanted the work. Nope I'm going home. I did my work for the day. But yet I'm the bad guy for bailing out the new guy.
You should have said no and informed management that it's the delivery drivers job.

You should have said no and informed management that it's the delivery drivers job.
Well for one thing the Union said I have to work as directed and another thing if a driver is in trouble and I can help, I am going to. I guess it comes down to how someone was raised. Can't believe how heartless some of you people profess to be. Actually I think most of you guys would jump in and help a fellow Union member.

542thruNthru

Well for one thing the Union said I have to work as directed and another thing if a driver is in trouble and I can help, I am going to. I guess it comes down to how someone was raised. Can't believe how heartless some of you people profess to be. Actually I think most of you guys would jump in and help a fellow Union member.
The center had plenty of people to help that driver. They just don't make them because they know they can send you.

Don't act like a hero man lol.

Also you do work as directed and then file a grievance. You won't do that though because it benefits you. That's the point. Has nothing to do with your "I was raised to help my fellow man" speech lol.

The center had plenty of people to help that driver. They just don't make them because they know they can send you.

Don't act like a hero man lol.

Also you do work as directed and then file a grievance. You won't do that though because it benefits you. That's the point. Has nothing to do with your "I was raised to help my fellow man" speech lol.
It didn't benefit me at all since I was already at work performing my car wash duties. In fact I'll probably take a cut in pay to help the young driver out. No we don't have plenty of drivers to help out at the last minutes before closing time. They all have their own jobs to do. Where is it that you work that you have all of these drivers standing around to go help out?

542thruNthru

It didn't benefit me at all since I was already at work performing my car wash duties. In fact I'll probably take a cut in pay to help the young driver out. No we don't have plenty of drivers to help out at the last minutes before closing time. They all have their own jobs to do. Where is it that you work that you have all of these drivers standing around to go help out?
You just said you asked two drivers if they wanted to help him and they said no. Management could have easily sent them. Now you're saying they had no driver's to help? Make up your mind.

How will you take a pay cut? You make more than top ground rate as a carwash? You're a air driver doing ground work.