The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

PT Car Washer

Don't ya remember? Red-circled, high wage part-timers get to wander around and do whatever the hell they want! We frequently tell management what's what, how it's gonna be, and you better line up some top-rate ground work for us whenever we want it!
Only ground work I ever get is when the whole plan falls apart and a FT delivery driver needs bailed out at the last minute. And I take a cut in pay to save their skins.

Whither

Scofflaw
Only ground work I ever get is when the whole plan falls apart and a FT delivery driver needs bailed out at the last minute. And I take a cut in pay to save their skins.
A cut in pay to deliver ground, what do you mean -- that you work a lot harder delivering ground than on the car wash for only a marginal increase in pay? Also, don't get it twisted: it's the company's "skin" ("face" would be the better word) you're saving, not the overdispatched driver's ...

PT Car Washer

@PT Car Washer isn't violating the contract, the Company is.

He does however lose credibility when he continually tries to validate these Company violations to satisfy his own self-inflicted guilty conscience.
Guilty conscience? That's a good one after the Union contractually allowed PT Union members to be hired at Minimum wage and no benefits and be forced to pay excessive initiation fees and monthly dues. At the same time I here FT members tell me how it doesn't affect them. Now the Union has turned its back on FT package delivery drivers with the two tier wage scale.

PT Car Washer

A cut in pay to deliver ground, what do you mean -- that you work a lot harder delivering ground than on the car wash for only a marginal increase in pay? Also, don't get it twisted: it's the company's "skin" ("face" would be the better word) you're saving, not the overdispatched driver's ...
I mean when I punch in on the DIAD it pays me as an air exception driver. $6/hr pay cut. I grieve it and a month later they make a payroll adjustment. Never know if it is correct and I just cut my loses and move on.

PT Car Washer

I guess here in the Midwest we have a stronger work ethic then other parts of the country. When given a job we do the best we can to get the job done. Could be part of my military background also. Mission first. I am sure there are sups and managers that take advantage of us.

Whither

Scofflaw
I mean when I punch in on the DIAD it pays me as an air exception driver. $6/hr pay cut. I grieve it and a month later they make a payroll adjustment. Never know if it is correct and I just cut my loses and move on.
I don't know all the details of your sitch but I was figuring you wouldn't deliver ground unless you were also classified as an air driver entitled to top ground rate for your troubles ... a month later? That's also grieve-able for penalty pay each week after, I think, the first week that they don't correct it

PT Car Washer

I don't know all the details of your sitch but I was figuring you wouldn't deliver ground unless you were also classified as an air driver entitled to top ground rate for your troubles ... a month later? That's also grieve-able for penalty pay each week after, I think, the first week that they don't correct it
Air exception with over 40 years seniority and sometimes you have to pick your battles. Last week I drove 45 minutes for 6 stops in 20 minutes and then an hour back to the building. 3 hours total and a $100 plus 5 1/2 hours car wash. Sure beats 220 stops and 300 packages for about the same money.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Guilty conscience? That's a good one after the Union contractually allowed PT Union members to be hired at Minimum wage and no benefits and be forced to pay excessive initiation fees and monthly dues. At the same time I here FT members tell me how it doesn't affect them. Now the Union has turned its back on FT package delivery drivers with the two tier wage scale.

It has been criminal the way your part time pension has been handled. No increases after 35 years, no credit in service benefits if you worked full time hours during those 35 years.

The part timers under the Company Controlled (UPS pension plan) in the Central and Southern were thrown under the bus decades ago over political motives. This also affected those full timers who had vested years as a part timer, most of those years count as nothing with the 6 % penalty applied.

It would be great if the Central and Southern had the same pension formula as the Western Conference. Their part timer years are included with their full time years and are paying twice or even 3 X as much, plus they are not limited to 35 years it just keeps growing. Another perk with the Western is that they can start collecting their pension benefits at age (65) and still continue to work if they want too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Air exception with over 40 years seniority and sometimes you have to pick your battles. Last week I drove 45 minutes for 6 stops in 20 minutes and then an hour back to the building. 3 hours total and a $100 plus 5 1/2 hours car wash. Sure beats 220 stops and 300 packages for about the same money.

Could be part of my military background also. Mission first.

I have no doubt.... you are on a mission.

:biggrin:

Thebrownblob

Work as directed. LOL
Honestly pathetic, you’ve had many opportunities to go full-time I’m sure, instead you chose to collude with management and have a special deal for yourself. Anytime I hear you talking about how the union screwed you or screwed anybody you’re clearly talking about yourself. We are the union. So you made it possible.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Honestly pathetic, you’ve had many opportunities to go full-time I’m sure, instead you chose to collude with management and have a special deal for yourself. Anytime I hear you talking about how the union screwed you or screwed anybody you’re clearly talking about yourself. We are the union. So you made it possible.
But he was in the military! Lol