The Lets Get Rid Of Our Cops Movement

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well if people like @sailfish stop dating dolls and started dating real women we might be able to close the gap in voters!
It’s a large reason the wife and I have been considering a 3rd. I told her we have the resources. We are both somewhat valuable members to society. We are the people that should be reproducing more.

not the people whose kids are in a huge hole the second they’re born.

It will be fine

Oh yes they are. There are calls to defund law enforcement and shift the savings to “free everything” social programs in numerous hard leftist cities right now.
Do you think the ever increasing police budgets that get spent on military equipment are producing results? Some of us don’t want to live in a police state. The old way of killing suspects on the street isn’t really working out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s a large reason the wife and I have been considering a 3rd. I told her we have the resources. We are both somewhat valuable members to society. We are the people that should be reproducing more.

not the people whose kids are in a huge hole the second they’re born.
Have a many as possible! You might need the firepower! 6 guns a blazing better than 4!

It will be fine

How about we make it a serious criminal offense, one that is actually punished, to harm, or refuse to follow directives of, police officers. Then maybe the extreme methods of restraining people wouldn't be necessary. Touch a cop in UK and you go to jail.
In the UK most police don’t carry guns.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Do you think the ever increasing police budgets that get spent on military equipment are producing results? Some of us don’t want to live in a police state.
I use to agree with you. Then violent extremist liberals started attacking and murdering police officers, vandalizing veteran's memorials, and trying to burn down churches.

You have to admit, the 'mostly peaceful' protesters have no ground to stand on anymore. The violent voices lead them, and they want to tear down society.

rickyb

america is the worlds biggest prison state:
upload_2020-6-5_11-14-11.png

Box Ox

Do you think the ever increasing police budgets that get spent on military equipment are producing results? Some of us don’t want to live in a police state. The old way of killing suspects on the street isn’t really working out.

I’m of mixed feelings on that area. Weapons and equipment of war are needed by law enforcement because the sale of weapons of war to civilians is out of control in the US. Law enforcement can’t do much about an insane guy with a high-powered rifle without a lot of them getting killed if all they have are handguns and batons.

But that’s not what the protestors are really screaming about anyway, is it? They’re not just interested in the de-militarization of law enforcement agencies. They want the “pigs” out of a job. And that’s the problem. They do serve an essential role in our communities. That much was apparent when lots of them were instructed by Democratic mayors and governors to step back and let the rioters and looters have their way over the last week.

rickyb

I’m of mixed feelings on that area. Weapons and equipment of war are needed by law enforcement because the sale of weapons of war to civilians is out of control in the US. Law enforcement can’t do much about an insane guy with a high-powered rifle without a lot of them getting killed if all they have are handguns and batons.

But that’s not what the protestors are really screaming about anyway, is it? They’re not just interested in the de-militarization of law enforcement agencies. They want the “pigs” out of a job. And that’s the problem. They do serve an essential role in our communities. That much was apparent when lots of them were instructed by Democratic mayors and governors to step back and let the rioters and looters have their way over the last week.
i think we've misunderstood the function of police.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I wonder how many unarmed Americans were killed by the police last year and what was the ethnic breakdown?

Box Ox

I wonder how many unarmed Americans were killed by the police last year and what was the ethnic breakdown?

I’m with ya on that. Have seen the statistics too. They don’t match the narrative most of the media has been floating.