The little things that make your day a little better.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a man on my route that hands me an ice cold bottle of water when I stop for my first of three pickups everyday. He also stacks his boxes on the ground in the parking lot and brings me the End of Day report. He used to drive a milk route and he appreciates what I do for him. UPS breaks a lot of his packages, (industial glass that is well packed and he has a lot of problems with our "customer service" dept.). He tips me a little cash at Christmas too. I also love my other customers too, their little kids are so precious sometimes.

old levi's

blank space
MC, I agree about the dogs. There are several on route that know they will get a good scratch from the UPS lady, a few know to bring thier ball over and I'll toss it a couple of times too. There is one house that there is a routine with their mastif. He is kind enough to rinse off a couple of my tires, then he comes over to get his scratches. He basicly demands it, he is huge! Yesterday, I was delivering meds to an older gentleman with a border collie. He asked me to give pkg to the dog. He tells the dog to take it to the house and sure enough he did like it was a newspaper. Wonder if UPS would let me get a dog like that? Think of the time I would save!!

For me, the customers are always great, but what really makes me smile are the dogs. When they hear the truck coming, they begin to bark and their ears perk up. When I get closer, the dogs tails start wagging a mile a minute and they do their happy dance. That just makes my day!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Will Rogers

:cool_dog:

rod

Retired 22 years
I went back to the little town today that I delivered to for 25 years for the wake of a customer who I always enjoyed interacting with. (he was only 60 years old). It has been 10 years since I had seen most of the people and I was totally amazed at the number of people who went out of their way to say hi. We talked about how we enjoyed each others company and how we used to give each other such a hard time (one gal hugged me so long I thought her husband might have thought something was fishy---- made my day) . My only regret was that I should have stayed longer but I was on my Harley and rain was coming.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never realized how much I liked Will Rogers until I read this quote.
Will Rogers was one of my earliest influences (along with mark Twain).
His acerbic wit, insight to the human psyche and his general cynicism of institutional leadership made sense to me and influences my outlook to this day.
His witticisms make good reading and provoke critical thinking if one is so inclined.